[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished a collection of Pound's poetry, and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: LaterEzraPound.jpg (94 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
LaterEzraPound.jpg
94 KB, 300x400
I just finished a collection of Pound's poetry, and I have come to the realization that there will not be a poet of the same magnitude since our academic institutions have completely derailed. To save art, we need to change University standards.

If you disagree with me, please explain why I am wrong. I would like to feel differently, since this realization makes me feel uneasy.
>>
>>8065125
A poet doesn't have to be educated in an academic institution, I'm not sure how that's at all relevant.
>>
>>8065128
but someone as great as Pound had a great education. it's very relevant, since the thread is about him and poets alike.

If you are right, who is a modern poet with no formal education that's of a similar caliber?

I'm saying, I want to sustain his spirit and lineage of poetry, but it's not possible if nobody cares or standards continue to be low.
>>
We just have to find some bright /pol/ users and lock them in a steel box for a few years. Humans are like olives, they give their best when they are crushed.
>>
>>8065125

I haven't thought a lot about this. But I do know that Djvorak would agree with you.
>>
what's so great about him
>>
>>8065134
Well, you seem to care, so why not do it yourself? And self-teaching can be a great education, you're still learning from geniuses, just not in person.
>>
Did you read the Cantos and think that's what any poem by the average college-graduate at the time would be able to write? He learned well beyond the standards of university, and people can and do continue to do so.
>>
ezra pound has a great art of poetry interview with the Paris review where he says he resolved to know more about poetry than any other man by age 30 or something

B A S E D
>>
why the fuck would you think artificially changing university procedure would bring high modernism back
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.