[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did anyone read this in the 40s without a guide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: .jpg (33 KB, 261x392) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
33 KB, 261x392
How the fuck did anyone read this in the 40s without a guide? i'm being serious..
>>
nigga they were the ones making the guides.
>>
i guess either they were an english professor whose job was to study literature, or they took a course taught by one.
>>
That book is an abomination. Joyce went full pretentious fedora with it.
>>
>>8064965
Joyce was psychotic
>>
>>8064965
You read word after word left to right sentence by sentence paragraph by paragraph chapter by chapter until you reach the end
>>
nobody read this book until /lit was a thing
>I'n being serious
>>
File: .jpg (46 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
46 KB, 850x400
>>
>>8065286
says a woman whose claim to fame was her farts
>>
File: Farts.jpg (990 KB, 918x1513) Image search: [Google]
Farts.jpg
990 KB, 918x1513
My great Grandfather used to drink with Joyce in Dublin. I never knew my great grandfather but my grandfather told me that his father said Joyce was 'A fucking moon man.' meaning: weird as fuck.

So you see, no one would have been surprised by him publishing that madness.
>>
File: 1391288855188.gif (895 KB, 240x183) Image search: [Google]
1391288855188.gif
895 KB, 240x183
>>8065295
>Implying farts aren't the thinking man's fetish.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x239
>>8065312
>A fucking moon man.
>>
>>8065317
>I would know Nora's farts in a room full of farting women; also I hate niggers and Kikes - James Joyce.

Radical, even for his time.
>>
>>8065312

He always looked kind of shell shocked in this picture at least to me.
>>
>>8065327
It's the face of a depraved weirdo.

If you saw a man like that you would know he's in to some weird shit...literal shit by the way. That is the face of a fart smelling man.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.