[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learn me lit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Delaware.jpg (596 KB, 1200x769) Image search: [Google]
Delaware.jpg
596 KB, 1200x769
Whats the best account of America History one can read?
>>
American History X. It has that guy from Birdman too.
>>
>>8064763
Hamilton: The Revolution [Book]
>>
a people's history of the united states
>>
>>8064763

Read it directly from the people who lived it. We're not an ancient country. We have most of the writings from the important people in American history.

We're probably the first country in the history of the world, let alone the first superpower, to have all of (relatively) our history accountable. Journals and letters from the conception of the idea of the country to the present day. This is unprecedented.

Start with the founders. As a group, they were a collective genius and one of the most fascinating groups in history. Move on from there.
>>
>>8065151

You do. You have a whole lifetime. Get started.

Oh wait, I get it. You're a pseud? Got it. You're an 18 year old pseud who wants American history to be summed up in a tweet and they know everything. Got it.

Good luck, dumb ass.
>>
>>8065155
jeeze i was just joking, chill out
>>
>>8064763
a people's history of the united states
>>
>>8065147
But isn't there a collected book or volume of books containing all this information?
>>
>>8066380>>8065144

If you want retarded liberal propaganda that edgy college students read that has been disproved and debunked a thousand times over, I recommend this too!
>>
>>8064763
it's best to focus on what aspect of American history then read about that.

the more the camera gets pulled back, the more general it is, the less you're really going to get into the nitty gritty.

for the civil war I recommend Shelby foote's stuff. or for single volume try battlecry of freedom.

for western exploration try undaunted courage by ambrose.

I have no idea what to tell you.

I guess the best bet is to find out what American history courses in college are using and go with their suggested reading.

>>8066938
fuck off, stupidass.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.