[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing Exercise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1458105783285.gif (2 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1458105783285.gif
2 MB, 500x283
Anybody up for a bit of a game/test?

I came here to get some help with my writers block but figured perhaps I could extend what I wanted to anyone else willing to participate. What I wanted was to ask you guys to submit an: idea, metaphor, character, setting, theme, picture, etc., that I could write about--while also dictating whether it be prose or verse. Then I'll take a few hours to do my best to write about it interestingly (obvious troll submissions will be disregarded).
I then figured I'd extend it into a thread where anyone else who would like to partake may say so and do so. This way, it's like a spur of the moment, throwaway critique thread that helps get the brain into a writing mood. Or else, not even a critique thread, but still an attempt to help break some writers block.
>>
Anime becomes real, hilarity ensues.
>>
>>8064676
The only real anime I watched was DBZ when I was younger. I never got into it now that I'm older, so I'm not sure how well I could do with that in a few hours.
But it's the only suggestion for now. Do you want prose it verse?
And would you also want a suggestion and to try this out?
>>
In Chicago, IL., a Hellenistic Polytheist and revivalist of Alexander the Great's Empire finds himself endowed with extremely powerful telekinesis and grapples with his role in the progression of mankind.

or some shit
>>
Letting go of the corporate radar
>>
>>8064628
where is that gif from?
>>
A commander is jealous of a Captain's sinecure until he sees that the captain wears contacts, uses Moisturel, and has a small dong
>>
>>8065048
4 octaves
>>
>>8065005
With that level of detail, I'd be tempted to write a lengthy shirt story. Something that'd take more than a few hours.
I'm guessing you'd want prose or epic with that?
Also
>grapple
I chuckled

>>8065033
10 second '________'. I want to say movies or films but it can just as likely be stories or clips.

>>8065048
>Moisturel.
But why? Outside of the small pecker, of course.
>Plot twist:
>Stephen belittles Dorrick's command as Captain while his person of navigating, vainglorious captain, in the sinecure of Commander, rested just upon the optic nerve of his thought.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.