[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Lotr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 864x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 864x475
What does /lit/ think of Lotr?
>>
creative and imaginative children's literature
>>
>>8064325
no discernible talent, clearly a juvenile author.

avoid.
>>
it's good
>>
Not half as good as A Song of Ice and Fire.
Tolkien made the dough and GRRM baked it to perfection.
>>
>>8064411
Kill yourself.

The Hobbit is good.
>>
>>8064411
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKhGqWcJGY
>>
>>8064415
love the hobbit, lotr is way too nerdy for me, really had to motivate myself to read it all.
>>
>>8064419
>DUDE HE SAID "SHITTING" WHAT A HACK LMAO
>>
Kiddie shit
>>
>>8064426
t. buttmad george r.r. martin fan
>>
File: dsc0554-x2.jpg (527 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
dsc0554-x2.jpg
527 KB, 1280x848
It's great. Fantasy hasn't produced anything better in the years since it was published.
>>
>>8064419
She was sopping wet when he entered her. “Damn you,” she said. “Damn you damn you damn you.” He sucked her nipples till she cried out half in pain and half in pleasure. Her cunt became the world.
>>
This thread was made for the sole purpose of watching autistic "patricians" shit all over the books while baited Tolkien fans come to his defense.

Thought you all should know before taking in this thread seriously.
>>
>>8064739
why must you exclaim to the world the reamed pain of your posterior?
>>
>>8064405
>professor of linguistics and literature
>juvenile
>not understanding the context of his work
>>
>>8064325
for people between the age of 13 and 17
>>
Nice aesthetic.

It's especially nice if you're European and enjoy middleage folklore and sagas
>>
i love it, it got me into reading as a child and i reread it every decade. there is no way i could be objective about it, but to me the writing seems fine, in a relatively simple but sincere old fashioned way. it's a beautiful, richly imagined story and a genuine fucking treasure.
>>
>>8064325
Best to be read when you're a child, or in your early teens. If you read this as an adult, it's the utmost proof that your literary taste is that of a manchild.
>>
File: TwiggyB.gif (973 KB, 245x139) Image search: [Google]
TwiggyB.gif
973 KB, 245x139
was supposed to read it in high school, thought it was terrible, felt insulted by the teacher, met her after class and asked if i could read something from canon instead, she said i could but not to tell the other inferior students
>>
>>8066413
>thought it was terrible
not that i read any of it lol
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.