[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this not a most authentic and sincere first person description
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: ER0.jpg (316 KB, 672x718) Image search: [Google]
ER0.jpg
316 KB, 672x718
How is this not a most authentic and sincere first person description of our Zeitgeist?
>>
File: ER.png (149 KB, 656x639) Image search: [Google]
ER.png
149 KB, 656x639
Are there no fictional copies, or were such writings just not taken seriously?
>>
it is

>>8063930
houllebecq
>>
>>8063915
Only the /r9k/ zeitgeist. That one shitty spammer here is more applicable to the broader 21st Century zeitgeist.
>>
>>8063915
it is authentic and sincere in relation to the author, but of our zeitgeist? well the fact that you used the term 'our zeitgeist' reveals that you see your worldview as THE worldview. it isn't.

in fact i'm not sure a true zeitgeist actually exists, but i won't get into that bc op is probably too much of a moron to follow that train of thought.
>>
>>8063915
>>8063930
> gets completely controlled by the perceived lack of not having sex and builds an entire world-view around this
> women are the irrational ones

Sincerity means nothing.
>>
>Rejected by Men
>Mad at women.

Honestly think Mr. Rodgers wanted Male Friends and companions and only focused on women because of they were the object of other men's interest, taking that interest away from him.

He doesn't ever seem to say anything real about women or his interest in them, as if interest in women were more a separate projected concept.
>>
>>8063915
ouch, that first paragraph i related to

it'd be interesting to channel elliott rodger's discontents in a fictional setting and explore that whole angst with a more lucid, experienced and also personal touch
>>
File: Elliot_coast.png (739 KB, 722x588) Image search: [Google]
Elliot_coast.png
739 KB, 722x588
>>8065256
It doesn't have to be about women per so, as with Elliot.

It's about first world people, craving, ending up frustrated. We are the wealthiest safest people ever, and the depression and suicide rate is at an all time high.
>>
>>8063915
Teenager describes mental problems associated with normal teenage development and believes them to be unique as do all teens and YAs. Not really a revelation is it.
>>
>>8063915

Narcissistic authenticity is worthless to real people
>>
>>8063915
>>8063930
Literally that's what happens when every child is told that he's special
>>
>>8063915
You mean, zeitgeist of a retarded dumbass. If he were not that brain lazy, he could have become a solid author casue his style aint bad
>>
File: andersmage.jpg (78 KB, 630x388) Image search: [Google]
andersmage.jpg
78 KB, 630x388
Is this the Supreme Gentleman? The background with WoW is interesting considering Anders Breivik was an avid player of it as well.
>>
>>8066211
Also, they're both white male
>>
>>8066218
The Supreme Gentleman's Asian heritage plays an integral role in his torment and alienation and I won't have you casting aspersions on the boy's biography.
>>
>>8065422
he was definitely misplacing his anger, but I don't think it was primarily caused by lack of male companions either.
I blame his bad parents for the biggest portion of it. What with the constant moving, coupled with an obvious lack of any profound interest in the kid's life -- combined, it's a huge lack of stability for someone at such a young age who's still figuring things out.

What especially makes me think that is the part when they first move to America. They obviously didn't prepare his 5-year-old self to deal with such a tremendous change, and when he tries to cope with the shock and somehow takes comfort in all that by at least playfully going through the house and deciding ""wisely-beyond-his-age"" what his room shall be. And the mother turns him down cold. Because "it was already decided" that his toddler sister must have that room. A (most probably) completely arbitrary decision which could have been overturned at any moment for the sake of giving their young child a piece of comfort in what would be a huge transition even for an adult.
>>
>>8063915
>high intelligence
This what they tell kids these days when they don't fit in.
>>>/r9k/
>>
Elliott Rodger is a bitch of a pussy and a dumb dickhead.
What a boob.
There are way cooler murder guys than this asshole.
>>
>>8066211
However they used it differently. One to alienate himself from other people. The other because he was alienated by others.
>>
>>8066310
I mean come on.
What the fuck was with that guy?
>>
>>8066258
It doesn't matter. If you're 1% toxic white male, you're 100% toxic white male. Just note the position of women and minorities in general in Rodger's works.
In My Twisted World, the narrator, part-Asian as he may be, is obviously an Uncle Tom trying to assimilate with the white males by excessively oppressing other people from minority groups.
>>
>>8063915
In nature, 50 to 90% of males do not reproduce, depending on how large body size the individuals of species have compared to the size of their available territory.
>>
>>8066337
For example, 90% of male bears or male walruses don't reproduce. Either alpha bear stops them or alpha bear kills their pitiful sperm after copulation or kills their pitiful son after birth.
>>
>>8066310
This. Any glorification of him can only come from total retards
>>
I never checked this guy's manifesto or anything until this thread just now. It's hard to get more than a sentence or two through this at a time, Christ. This is more grotesque than anything.
>>
>>8066341
>alpha bear kills their pitiful sperm after copulation
??
>>
have the people who think this is good somehow managed to avoid reading ten million fucking posts of exactly the same shit all over the internet for the past decade or do i spend too much time here
>>
>>8066323
k
>>
>>8063915
Yeah I remember this exact part very well, it moved me. Its very good and I relate to it 100%.
>>
>>8065422
This thought never occured to me. Bravo
>>
>>8063915
I have to admit, he reminds me of a modern Dostoevsky character
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.