[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My sister is turning 11 next week and I want to get her a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 20160427_125633.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160427_125633.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
My sister is turning 11 next week and I want to get her a good book, she has a good sense of humor but a short attention span. Any suggestions?
>>
Finnegans Wake
>>
Lolita
>>
>>8063890
Have her read the entire Genesis and pray to God to fix her retardation.
>>
>>8063890
Letters to Wendy's, by Joe Wenderoth.
>>
plath is the way, let her learn the lesson early
>>
A novelization of the movie Precious: based on the novel Push by Sapphire
>>
Ulysses
>>
I bet there is a 'Greek Classics for kids' somewhere.
>>
A collection of poems by Gerard Manley Hopkins would suit the lass well, i think.
>>
File: 1460552860230.jpg (358 KB, 817x818) Image search: [Google]
1460552860230.jpg
358 KB, 817x818
>>
>>8063890

Gender Trouble by Judith Butler
>>
that poem about blowjob eyes
>>
>>8063890
>good sense of humor
Candide
>short attention span
Candide
>>
don't they treat short attention span with adderall nowadays
>>
>>8064501
You're American yeah?
>>
>>8063900
/thread
>>
some learned fables for good old boys and girls
>>
Harry potter so she could grow up to read stephen king : )
>>
Judy Bloom, Roald Dahl, and Walter Moers are all pretty good kids' authors. Matilda is good, and I like The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear, which is long but can be read in sections.
>>
>>8063890
Start with the Greeks. If she has a truly great sense of humor she'll love Soc-meme master-rates
>>
>>8064496
>11 years old
>>
>>8064727
ok, she can read it in translation to english
>>
>>8063890
get her good bulls you fucking cunt
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.