[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one fucking good reason why I should give a shit about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-20-15-51-33.png (93 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-20-15-51-33.png
93 KB, 480x854
Give me one fucking good reason why I should give a shit about the academia-media-publishing industrial complex and it's pseudo intellectual hangers on such as you guys.
>>
I'll use this bait thread to ask, what the fuck is going on with you anglophones and it's/its? I'm seeing them being misused every day a bit more, is it because you're typing on a phone and you're getting autocorrected, are you just idiots, did you finally say fuck it and just erased the distinction from your grammars?
>>
>>8062416
My phone autocorrects were to we're and hell to he'll semi randomly (I actually had to mess about and change the second one there).

On the other hand I'm pretty well educated and intelligent, went through bog standard Anglo state education. Wasn't ever taught about its and it's, found out about it myself at like 14 or 15, so people using it in the possessive doesn't surprise me.
>>
I'm convinced more and more by the day that Chomsky is just a leftist Stefan Molyneux
>>
>>8062416
I've noticed mostly adolescents confuse the two. However, there is a possibility that we are simply watching a degeneration of the english language further continue since technology obscures the differences to the less educated. Perhaps it may be mitigated by technology companies auto-correcting the grammatically correct spelling.
>>
>>8062382
So don't give a shit. I don't care. Why start a thread?
>>
>>8062524

Because lit's taste in books is entirely influenced by these institutions
>>
>>8062416
>did you finally say fuck it and just erased the distinction from your grammars?

Yeah pretty much
>>
>>8062382
So you want to know why you should give a shit about the people who make books available to read, those who enable you to know of said books' existence and finally those who criticize them?

Do you think authors exist in a vacuum, a pocket dimensione from where, once in a while, a deluge of books falls out to then appear in libraries, bookstores, bookshelves and online sites all of a sudden, complete with summaries, reviews and secondary literature?
>>
>>8062382
Because posting this thread makes you the biggest pseudo intellectual hanger on of them all.
>>
>>8062524
Fuckin A.

>>8062543
Where does /pol/ get its reading list from?
>>
>>8062672
Stormfront, most likely. Though I'd imagine it includes truly timeless classics such as The Protocols of The Elders Of Zion, Mein Kampf, Ride the Tiger, and The Turner Diaries.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.