[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I about to get memed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Am I about to get memed?
>>
no you fucking idiot
get off this board and read criticism
>>
>>8058874
S T E A L. I T
T
E
A
L
I
T
>>
Is this a new meme where you go to the library and take a picture of a book and ask /lit/ if you're gonna be memed?
>>
>>8058874
No. It's a meme for the same reason Ulysses and The Tunnel are memes--it's good.
>>
>>8059000
no its not
>>
>>8059010
yes it is
>>
>>8058874
Have you read anything by him?

I've only read Carpenter Gothic, and I wonder if all of his stuff is written so vernacularly. I thought that book was amazing, it reminded me of how my grandpa would talk over my grandma constantly once they went senile. But i'm not sure I could go back in on a full book written that densely.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>8059013
I'm reading it now. it's hilarious. I'm shocked hown this nigger isn't more famous. I guess maybe calling out the art scene and the writing scene might not have been a good idea since those people were the ones who would read it. they were probably all butthurt.
>>
Nice one OP, I finally found a copy of this online myself a couple of weeks ago and it arrived yesterday.

Why is it so hard to find though?
>>
>>8059077
I got mine from chapters. it's like Barnes a knobbles or whatever
>>
>>8059086
>knobbles
Heh.

Anyway, abebooks for me, in case anyone wants a copy.
>>
>>8059077
I found one in a small independent bookstore in Charleston. Blue Bicycle, I think, and the selection was mostly used but the minority of new books were actually pretty patrician. I'd bet money that the owner browses /lit/, he was a young guy and said something about being happy to see someone buying Gaddis instead of a used cookbook.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.