[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I'm looking for a good quote for a person who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
Hey /lit/

I'm looking for a good quote for a person who feel like they are locked in a birdcage and longs to be set free.

Thanks.
>>
>>8058244
"Man, it really feels like I'm locked in a birdcage. I want to be set free really bad."
>>
>>8058244
"I feel like I am locked in a birdcage and long to be set free."
>>
>>8058244
okay I'll see what I have in my diary tbqh
>>
>>8058244
"i know why the caged bird sings"
think someone else might have used that tho
>>
>>8058244
Would you like it to be meant sincerely, or are you rather looking for something that pretends that it wants to be set free but is actually the song of a bird who has come to love its cage?
>>
>>8058272
Nonsensical
>>
"this birdcage makes me only think in cliches" - mahatma ghandi, 1943
>>
there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say, stay in there, I'm not going
to let anybody see
you.
wants to get out
but I pour whiskey on him and inhale
cigarette smoke
and the ****s and the bartenders
and the grocery clerks
never know that
he's
in there.

wants to get out
but I'm too tough for him,
I say,
stay down, do you want to mess
me up?
you want to screw up the
works?
you want to blow my book sales in
Europe?
wants to get out
but I'm too clever, I only let him out
at night sometimes
when everybody's asleep.
I say, I know that you're there,
so don't be
sad.
then I put him back,
but he's singing a little
in there, I haven't quite let him
die
and we sleep together like
that
with our
secret pact
and it's nice enough to
make a man
weep, but I don't
weep, do
you?
>>
>>8058244
"redpill me on X, guys"
>>
>>8058298
lel
>>
"Fuck this cage, I want out!"
>>
>>8058244
>The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

AY MY NIGGA WE WUZ POETZ
>>
>>8058278
you're quite stupid aren't you anon
>>
"These bars...wait a minute this is a cage. Someone! Anyone! Get me out of here!"
>>
Shiiit. Like the Dino man in jp3. Gimme outta her.
>>
"Uhhhh... *nods at cage* Can you not?"
>>
"Had it up to here with this cage business."
>>
Taught from their infancy that beauty is woman's sceptre, the mind shapes itself to the body, and, roaming round its gilt cage, only seeks to adore its prison. Men have various employments and pursuits which engage their attention, and give a character to the opening mind; but women, confined to one, and having their thoughts constantly directed to the most insignificant part of themselves, seldom extend their views beyond the triumph of the hour.
>>
"Hey, fellas. The cage thing? Real original. Seriously, make with the freedom."
>>
"Fuck this cage I'll thrash you later." - MC Ride
>>
>>8058530
I think it's "adorn its prison"

The website I copypasted from has it wrong
>>
>>8058244
DINDU NUFFIN AYY MANG I DINDU NUFFIN LEMME ATTA HEAH
>>
"despite all of my rage
I'm still just a bird in a cage" - Tolstoy
>>
"Yeah, you know, this cage is actually not bad. I like it now. It's good.

*last-ditch frenzied effort with all my strength to break the cage*

*panting*

Yeah, I like it."
>>
"Maybe you're in the cage, and I'm free.

Just let me out for five minutes and then I'll go back in."
>>
America has been hit by Allah at its most vulnerable point, destroying, thank God, its most prestigious buildings -Osama Bin Laden
>>
"Cage. Me. Out. Not playing around."
>>
"I'm in the cage alone, you guys are outside the cage, you know? together? Not saying you're gay, but..."
>>
"I found something cool in the cage. No, come in and see. All right, but it's cool.

Wow, this is cool. You're missing it."
>>
"While you guys are watching me in this cage like dumbasses, I've been playing chess in my head, developing my IQ. Only a matter of time before I'm smart enough to find a way out of here."
>>
"(quietly) Pawn E to Left Black. Check me. (louder) Better let me out before I become a genius."
>>
What is "irony is the song of a bird who has learned to love its cage" from?
>>
"All I did was catch a little fucking bird in this cage and now God's mad as shit." - William Blake
>>
"(waking up from a nap with a serene look on my face) Mmm. Oh, right, the fucking cage."
>>
>>8058244

Blackbird - Beatles
>>
>>8058528
Genius
>>
File: 1453440438116.png (17 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1453440438116.png
17 KB, 800x800
>>8058295
came here to post this
>>
"I know why the caged bird sings. Primarily it's because of the cage."
>>
>>8058244
Play all of BioShock Infinite
>>
>>8058244
"I've had it. With this mothafuckin bird in this mothafuckin cage."
>>
"All right, you listen, I'm going to make this as clear as I possibly clan, can. Fuck. Shit. Let me out."
>>
>>8059204
cute kitty
>>
"OK, I know I've been sending mixed messages. Just forget everything I said before. I hate this cage and I want to be let out."
>>
>>8058295
Is this Bukowski?
>>
>>8058298
nice
>>
>>8058244
"Just be yourself"
>>
>>8059250
yes
>>
>>8058244
"the bird cage....with robin williams"
>>
Calves are easily bound and slaughtered
Never knowing the reason why
But whoever treasures freedom
Like the swallow has learned to fly
>>
I must not cage. Cage is the mind-killer. Cage is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my cage. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when the bars have gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the cage has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
>>
"cage bad"
>>
>>8058244
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

-Francis Bacon-
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
156 KB, 270x270
>>8058244
CAN'T WAKE UP
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
Go see what movies is number one on Imdb.
>>
>muh cage
>>
>>8060382
KEK
>>
>>8058507
>>8058532
>>8058589
>>8058630
>>8059236
>>8059248

And thus, ornithophilic BDSM became an extant genre of erotica.
>>
File: YES.gif (4 MB, 640x418) Image search: [Google]
YES.gif
4 MB, 640x418
>>8058250
>>8058259
>>8058321
>>8058406
>>8058507
>>8058528
>>8058532
>>8058589
>>8058636

im sending these to my publisher rn
>>
We be da bird, and this be da cage. Aaaaall the world's a cage, there be cages in everything. The cages where they hold our brothers, the cages where they make you work so hard for so little pay, and the cages of society they trap you in. Y'all be tangled in CHAINGS! Chaaaaings, I say, chaings that be strangling you and your brotha's children while dey in the crib!

But through dem chaings is a light, I say to you my brothas and sissas. I have seen it. And that light is freedom, the freedom that will only let its sweet taste be felt on your tongue when we grab it for usselves. And it be so easy to grab it, not much longer now. It is time to KILL the white man, and all he stands for. And it will be easy, for the white man - deep down - he already want to die. He knows it, mmmhmmm. You see the way they be writing, the thangs they say about themselves. It's time to help the white man commit sudoku and take his women and children for ourselves, yes it is. It's been a looooong time coming but I say to my brothas and sissas that the light of the new day be about to shiiiiiine all over thissa valley that we call America.

PRAISE HALLELUJAH
>>
“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

Somewhat related. Mostly just wanted to post it desu.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.