[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the kindle /lit/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: kindle.jpg (201 KB, 738x492) Image search: [Google]
kindle.jpg
201 KB, 738x492
is the kindle /lit/ approved?
>>
>>8056252
Of course ebooks all the way, people who still pay for books have been spooked
>>
>>8056252
only for use as a paperweight with which to safely secure our precious manuscripts
>>
>>8056252
no because you can't read PDFs, epubs convert poorly, and you have to plug a cable into your computer like its the early aughts. Get an android tablet, the app Ebookdroid for pdfs (ELITE VERTICAL SCROLL), the app Aldiko for epubs, upload all your files to dropbox, get a bluescreen filter app, and join the master race.
>>
>>8056252
No, the Kobo is. The Kindle, with its closed format and closed ecosystem and extortion of authors and general association with Amazon evil is not recommended if you care about the future of literature.
>>
>>8056275
>no because you can't read PDFs

Not true

>epubs convert poorly

Huge exaggeration

>and you have to plug a cable into your computer like its the early aughts

Not necessarily

> Get an android tablet

Which leaves you stuck with a glaring LCD screen, may as well be reading off your phone, e-ink is vastly better
>>
Just get a cheap Nook Glowlight on eBay. You don't have to hack/jailbreak it to get basic functionality that should be there in the first place. Fuck Amazon and their DRM restrictions.
>>
>>8056275
>epubs convert poorly
Not true at all.
>>
>>8056285
By the way I'm saying this in defence of ebooks over shitty tablets, I'm sure other brands than Kindle are fine
>>
(Flips coin) sure why not?
>>
Just get one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARNES-NOBLE-NOOK-6-SIMPLE-TOUCH-W-GLOWLIGHT-WI-FI-2GB-w-CASE-BNRV350-/121990152055?hash=item1c672dff77:g:AKoAAOSwXSJXO8dk#viTabs_0
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.