[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>reality (truth) and perception (subjective experience) are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: OLjRU.jpg (543 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
OLjRU.jpg
543 KB, 1000x1000
>reality (truth) and perception (subjective experience) are not the same thing, and reality can never be found or experienced directly
>God doesn't exist
>man is (most probably) evil at heart
>ridding the world of evil is impossible
>much of what is worth knowing is essentially unknowable

Has philosophy ever given us any positive ideas? Every "revelation" seems to be cynical and detrimental to the health of society.
>>
File: 1462760806621.jpg (15 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1462760806621.jpg
15 KB, 292x257
>>8051467
>the health of society
>>
>>8051467
>man is evil at heart

That's just like, your opinion man
>>
>>8051479
>not wanting the best for your fellow man

Anon, you're a bad person.
>>
>>8051770
Read the Apology.
>>
>>8051467
Really? Have you even analyzed the first idea you singled out at all? Instead of looking at it pessimistically, why not optimistically. To hold your hand, Mr. Philosophiser, you can take this from said line:

>Don't try to enjoy your presence in the world. Instead, enjoy your presence and enjoy the world.

Or are you just going to keep waiting for others to think your experience for you?
>>
>>8051467
awareness creates hypocrisy
>>
>be too dumb to figure out the world
>think the world is magic
>some fancy dead guy wrote a book to tell me it's not magic
>woe is me life is over
This didn't happen to me because I'm not a moron.
There is literally nothing you can say that will change the world unless it inspires action.
You could rhetorically prove to me, right now, that I'm a balloon and not a human being, but I'm not suddenly going to stop living my life as I do now because of it.
Why would I?
That's gay.
Don't be a fag.
Nothing can change from words and if they make you sad you're probably doing it on purpose for attention or because you like the broody image you associate with those moods.
Fuck you.
Don't be a pussy.
Nihilism is a trivial fact of reality and any sentimental reaction you have to it is 100% up to you.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.