[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he likes Pynchon >he hasnt read Dodge Whats your excuse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 001.jpg (192 KB, 995x1517) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
192 KB, 995x1517
>he likes Pynchon
>he hasnt read Dodge

Whats your excuse, plebs?
>>
Don't like Tommy enough to stray my own interests.
>>
>>8051144
>not wanting to go on an adventure featuring weird teachers who teach poker, safecracking and invisiblity
>>
this has been on my list a long time

i've gone thru other pynchon rec's Been Down, Days Between Stations, and Warlock and all three were brilliant
>>
I have never heard of this book. Tell me about it op
The cover art is intriguing
>>
>>8051238
A pregnant orphan punches a nuns jaw. That's what made me not want to read it.
>>
>>8051215
>>8051238
Basically it follows the young protag as he learns woodcraft, forgery, disguise and all manner of illegal and mystical disciplines from the members of AMO, the Alliance of Magicians and Outlaws. If you like Pynchon's fringe weirdos its basically of that type. At the same time the kid is trying to discover who murdered his mother. Its a good length but a fun read desu.

>>8051256
You literally didnt get further than his moms brief back story..
>>
File: Dodge.jpg (24 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
Dodge.jpg
24 KB, 200x266
You do know he is the same person, right?
>>
>>8051295
>Basically it follows the young protag as he learns woodcraft, forgery, disguise and all manner of illegal and mystical disciplines from the members of AMO, the Alliance of Magicians and Outlaws. If you like Pynchon's fringe weirdos its basically of that type. At the same time the kid is trying to discover who murdered his mother. Its a good length but a fun read desu.

this sounds 10/10 to me
like a pulp comic El Topo
>>
>With an introduction by Thomas Pynchon

R A R E
A
R
E

Post an excerpt so I can see how his prose compares to Pynch.
>>
>>8051690
he's patrician man you wouldn't be able to read him desu

>"I rose through the aureate sky Lawes and Jenkyns guard thy rest dolmetsch ever be thy guest, as he tempered the viol's wood to enforce both the grave and the acute? Has he curved us the bowl of the lute? Lawes and Ienkyns guard thy rest dolmetsch ever be thy guest, hast ' ou fashioned so airy a mood to draw up leaf from the root? Hast ' ou found a cloud so light as seemed neither mist nor shade?" "Geez, what are you smoking pops?"
>>
I've read FUP actually, comfy as fuck
>>
>>8051707
I'm pretty sure that's Ezra Pound...
>>
>>8051295
>You literally didnt get further than his moms brief back story..
No, I didn't even start it.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (10 KB, 209x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
10 KB, 209x300
>he hasnt read Orwell
>>
>>8051618
Its pretty great man
>>
>>8051690
His prose isnt like Pynchon's, it's a lot more straightforward. Its the ideas and plots i would attribute to them being similar.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.