[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
life is inherently worthless, but living it is still worth it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Girls-album.jpg (123 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Girls-album.jpg
123 KB, 1024x1024
life is inherently worthless, but living it is still worth it

discuss
>>
>>8050955
>living it is still worth it
probably not but I'm too scared of death to kms so I'll soldier on I guess
>>
>>8050955
fuck you ya smarmy cunt I'm off to kill myself right now just to spite your supercilious ass

brb gunstore
>>
>Life is worthless
>Some part of life is worth it

All you had to do is not contradict yourself. Thread ruined.
>>
>>8050955
>inherently worthless
>living it is still worth it
F, see me at the parking lot at 9 am, wear a thong
>>
>>8050971
This. If life has the quality of being worth living then it's not 'worthless' FFS.
>>
>life is worthless
I don't understand why people choose to assign no meaning to their lives and then do nothing but complain about it .
>>
>>8050971
>>8050978
>>8050979
>reading comprehension

hmm, thought you guys were smarter than that, my mistake
>>
There is no such as an 'inherently' anything.
>>
>>8051010
So music isn't inherently sound? Great argument
>>
>>8051029
Music is sound because of waves expanding in the air, reflecting on on the surface of materials, &c. What I mean is that there is no 'in-itself' being that it's not related to something else, if you posit an inherent thing, you have to take that on account.
>>
>>8051029
That's a terrible example for you too because, physical aspect apart, the same musical note can sound different when put together with other notes.
>>
>>8051010
>>8051037
Study up, buttercup: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/natural-kinds/#Ess
>>
>>8051050
I'm not denying that there are essential qualities to things, but that in those qualities themselves there is an implicit relation to its own other that limits that quality, this relation does not come from outside the nature of the thing. 'Omnis determinatio est negatio', etc.
>>
>>8050955
>it is still worth it
yeah, if you knew how to fucking live
all I do is just read books to run away, along with bitch and moan over stupid things
I've never made anyone resoundingly happy, and I don't know what warmth means to people
I'm a shell of a human
so are you
>>
>>8050970
hahahaha how the fuck is gun suicide not supercilious hahaha nigga just jump off ur roof like nigga bang ur head on the wall haha
>>
>>8051037
Music is sound because "music" is defined to be that; it has nothing to do with its physical properties and behaviour. In that sense, music *is* inherently sound. In other words, it is a priori that music is sound, it is an analytic truth that it is sound, etc. variants work here. What you had provided is an explanation of how sound-waves behave, but that wasn't what >>8051029 was getting at.
>>
>>8051118
Of course music *is* sound, I'm trying to get to the nature of the *is*, and what it involves. I'm more of a Hegelian in this subject, if you want to critique me more accurately.
>>
>>8050955
Life isn't worthless, it's meaningless sure but worthless no. Only people whose never had a beautiful life experience would say that life is worthless. Maybe YOUR life is worthless
>>
>>8051002
You're retarded
>>
>>8051126
>the nature of the *is*
The existential "is", the "is" of predication, or the "is" of identity?

>I'm more of a Hegelian in this subject
Meaning?
>>
>>8051159
'Heraclitean' would be more appropriate to say, meaning a change/dialectic based ontology.
>>
>>8051138
Your so-called life is just a chemical reaction in your brain. There is literally no diferrence between your life and my poop - they both are products of organic chemistry
>>
>>8051159
>The existential "is", the "is" of predication, or the "is" of identity?

They both involve difference, but I think in this thread we mean identity, since we are not talking about processes.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.