[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you aspire to steal the literary 'voice' of any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Do you aspire to steal the literary 'voice' of any particular writer? Who do you aspire to imitate when you speak and write?
>>
>>8050348
Ezra Pound or Borges, easily
>>
>>8050348
your a faggot
>>
>>8050348

No one because I'll just bee myself.

Stealing and copying is for loser degens who will never get published
>>
i'm going full meme with pynchon x wallace kombo
>>
File: rectangle.jpg (164 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
rectangle.jpg
164 KB, 624x420
The meme king, obviously. At least until I read more and develop my own voice.
>>
>>8050363
Stealing and copying was the way some of the best poets were taught their art. There's a reason that an Eliot or a Pope began by writing verse imitations of earlier poets.

The process of becoming a writer is a process of learning to imitate styles that are stronger than your own. The eventual result is always a synthesis of many styles, possibly with some innovation. But you cannot go from a weak and vulgar style to a strong and individual one by continuing to "bee yourself".
>>
>>8050370
>>8050374
You should realize soon that you're going nowhere because every single upcoming male writer is going to be trying his best to imitate these hacks, to write a big doorstopper so that they can make up for their small peens.
>>
Cummings, Joyce, Nietzsche, Gass.
>>
File: samuel johnson.png (323 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
samuel johnson.png
323 KB, 640x320
I'd say Shakespeare, but that would be a little unrealistic.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.