[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to effectively reach and love new pieces of art. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1424181606199.jpg (461 KB, 900x1014) Image search: [Google]
1424181606199.jpg
461 KB, 900x1014
I want to effectively reach and love new pieces of art. I'm not asking you for your favourite works, but please post:
>books you like
>films you like
>albums you like
>a painting you like

Try to avoid posting works/masterpieces everyone already knows, and don't try to be pretentious. Let's make this useful for everyone.

Mine:
>Jesus' Son, Hearing Trumpet, Poor Things, The Willows
>Fallen Angels, A Serious Man, The Chaser, Braindead
>The Absent Coast, Cosmic Surgery, Ecstacy (Lou Reed), Ten Impressions for Piano & Strings
>>
>>8049928
>Book of the Dead, Ecclesiastes, Dhammapada
>Enter the Void, Inland Empire, Moonrise Kingdom
>Pilot Talk 2, When She Closed Her Eyes, Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill, Airport Music, Somnium
>>
>Sex and Character, Mulamadhyamakakarika, Hadji Murat
>Night and the City, Fallen Idol, Roman Holiday, Rosemary's Baby
>All Summer Long, ABC, Endtroducing
>>
>>8049928
Major League I and II great films.

Paintings are for waiting rooms.
>>
>>8049928
I love Guston! Never seen him mentioned on this website.

>Hiob (Roth), Savages Detectives (Bolano), Journey to the End of the Night (Celine)
>The Thin Blue Line (Morris), Blood SImple (Coen), Days of Heaven (Malick)
>AIA (Grouper), Consumed (Plastikman), Rhythm & Sound (Rhythm & Sound)

Technically not a painting, but I love Thomsa Locher's Number Boards
>>
>>8051299
The pictures don't do Locher's work justice, you have to see the actual works in all their glossy glory
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x373
>the trial, l'etranger, nausea, infinite kek, notes from underground,
>persona, Zerkalo, 2001, the lobster
>loveless, music for 18 musicians, deathconsciousness, Jane doe,
>Saturn devours his son, Ivan the terrible and his son Ivan, Goya's black paintings, carrivagio,
>>
>>8051299
>Thomas Locher
gr8 taste
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.