[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite book(s) of the year thus far? How many have you read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 2016.png (7 KB, 540x330) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
7 KB, 540x330
Favorite book(s) of the year thus far?
How many have you read?

For me, My Antonia, Silence, and the End of the Affair were great, and The Dwarf was really fun and entertaining.

Up to 29 on the year.
>>
File: scan0005.jpg (654 KB, 997x1465) Image search: [Google]
scan0005.jpg
654 KB, 997x1465
Probably this, Confederacy of Dunces and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
>>
>>8049422
Der Prozess
Nox
Jesus' Son
Petersburg

>>
>>8049422

Highlights have been Anna Karenina, The Cossacks, Macbeth and vol 2 of My Struggle.

>>
I've only read 6, mostly quite dense non-fiction. Hopefully with the summer coming I'll be able to make a bigger dent in my reading list.
>>
File: 25191.jpg (35 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
25191.jpg
35 KB, 309x475
>>
>>8049665
I read Anna Karenina would be favourite as well, a long with the Trial and Dead Souls.

>>
>>8049670
This looks great
>>
>>8049422
I wouldn't have used "fun and entertaining" to describe The Dwarf myself, but I'm glad you liked it. That and The Unknown Soldier by Väinö Linna are my favorites this year.
>>
none, zero
>>
File: 1409184923809.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1409184923809.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
I read 12 books so far and the Twins Trilogy by Agota Kristof was really great.

Also, i'm halfway through Crime and Punishment and I used to think it was a meme, but man, this has the potential to be one of the best book I have read in my life!
>>
>>8049422
I've read 51.

1) Cancer Ward
2) Light in August
3) The Gods Will Have Blood
4) Blood Meridian
>>
File: tao01.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tao01.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
I have read 11 books this year.

Tao Te Ching has been the best so far.
It brought strange and new energies to me.
>>
None of these books were published in 2016.
>>
it's weird whenever i fart lately i feel like i have a fucking little air bubble stuck in my ass but i don't want to force the issue in case it's a shart, i hope it's not from eating all those "nuts and seeds" flavor clif bars
>>
The Book of Sand, 32.
>>
File: MAC05_BOOKS_POST03.jpg (317 KB, 822x1216) Image search: [Google]
MAC05_BOOKS_POST03.jpg
317 KB, 822x1216
The only book I've read this year which was also published this year is "The High Mountains of Portugal" by Yann Martel. I didn't understand the connection between Christ being an Ape. I think it has something to do with how there is solace in knowing man is no different from the animals which makes the idea of death without a heaven more reconcilable or something.
>>
>>8049422
Nietzsche's antichrist. It ahs been in my backlog for too long, it was about time to read it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.