[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity - The Bible Islam - Quran Hindu - Gita Buddhism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: we'll show him.png (441 KB, 812x548) Image search: [Google]
we'll show him.png
441 KB, 812x548
Christianity - The Bible
Islam - Quran
Hindu - Gita
Buddhism - _____
Daoism - _____

(I really don't know)
>>
Buddhism: The Gospel of Buddha, Compiled From Ancient Records.
Idk about Taoism though.
>>
Tao Te Ching, you could have easily looked this up
>>
Jehovah's Witnesses - DELIVERANCE, GOVERNMENT, JEHOVAH, RICHES

all bullshit
>>
Daoism - Daodejing and Zhuangzi
Buddhism - Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_texts and fuck off
>>
Islam: Qur'an and Hadiths
Hinduism: Vedas, Upanishads, Gita
>>
Judaism - Torah and Talmud primarily, can also add in Mishrad and Zohar
>>
christainity - 'new' testament
Judaism - Tanakh('old' testament) and Babylonian/to lesser degree Jerusalem Talmud.
>>
Buddhism and Daoism aren't exclusive or revelatory religions, so you aren't going to find any sort of text which will have a similar purpose to that of the books of the Abrahamic religions.
>>
Buddhism - There's honestly dozens of important texts but the Dhammapada is probably the best place to start.
>>8048739
>literally the poorest and least educated religious group in America
>literally believes that only 300 people can go to Heaven, and that their priests can tell who's who
FEE FI FO FUM
I SMELL THE TEARS OF PROTESTANT SCUM
>>
>>8049343
I'm reading the Old Testament right now and Moses seems like a scam artist.
>>
>>8051659
Motherfucker parted a sea, what more do you want from him?
>>
>>8048689
Tripitaka/Tipitaka and the Tao Te Ching.

And for the hinduism, I'd give greater importance to the Vedas if anything.
>>
>>8051696
>>8051696
Here'a your answer, OP
>>
>>8051685
He keeps telling people they need to sacrifice animals to please God and to put people to death for little mistakes. I feel like he was taking advantage of his friendship with God a little bit.
>>
>>8048689
It's the Vedas for Hinduism you retarded hari krishna.
>>
lit = Infinite jest
pol = mein kampf
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.