[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All Quiet on the Western Front vs. Storm of Steel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ww1.jpg (212 KB, 574x475) Image search: [Google]
ww1.jpg
212 KB, 574x475
Which was the better WW1 novel?
>>
Storm of Steel

only pussies disagree
>>
>novel
probably AQOTWF

Storm of Steel is more geographic, scientific, cold facts; less whiney
>>
>>8048182
>he hasn't read storm of steel
>>
>>8048186
Hey. There. Sir. That was uncalled for.

Let me put it a different way: Storm of Steel is written by a man who was more a soldier than an author and AQOTWF visa versa.
>>
>>8048202
Which one do you think is better written, all things considered?
>>
>>8048202

even though jünger went on to produce a shitload of fucking amazing works?
>>
>>8047743
Read both of them. The fundamental differences on how they are written along with their themes is very interesting. I would say Storm of Steel is better, but I'm probably biased due to me loving the rest of Junger's works.
>>
All Quiet On The Western Front, because it was actually a novel. Storm of Steel is basically a biography. They are both excellent.
>>
AQotWF is melodramatic wank. Storm of Steel is a book for men in the other hand.
>>
>>8047743
Storm of steel
>>
>not including A Farewell to Arms
All Quiet is better but at least AFtA deserves a mention
>>
Storm of Steel was embraced by the Nazis. All Quiet was condemned and censored. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>8049755
>Take from that what you will
That Storm of Steel was the superior novel?
>>
Why is Goodbye to all That not in your pic OP?

Are you autistic?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.