[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Nietzsche actually manage to rebuke Schopenhauer's pessimism,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: My life.gif (359 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
My life.gif
359 KB, 500x375
Did Nietzsche actually manage to rebuke Schopenhauer's pessimism, or did he fall short of the mark?

I've been reading the latter's work for years, but bought a couple of Nietzsche's works today; 'Human, All Too Human' and 'Beyond Good and Evil'.

What am I in for?
>>
>>8046283
read the book

the

book
>>
>>8046286

I want to know the general verdict, you fuck; I'll obviously arrive at my own conclusion when the time comes.
>>
>>8046283

He was extremely blue-pilled when it comes to Jews.

That's all you need to know. Read Heidegger instead.
>>
You literally have the book

Just read the book you double nigger

It's right there why are you asking what's in it
>>
>>8046283
No he didn't.

Nietzsche's philosophy is basically something you could do but there is no reason to pick that way of living over any other.
>>
>>8046295
Are you retarded? First arrive at your own conclusion, then look for others. You're not supposed to be told what the "general consensus" is and then affirm to that while reading or be a contrarian and go against it. Make your own mind up first, then check out others.
>>
>>8047302

>Nietzsche's philosophy is basically something you could do but there is no reason to pick that way of living over any other.

this is why i need to leave /lit/
>>
Nietzsche is a memester. Just an angry untermensch with delusions of grandeur. Schopenhauer is an eloquent systematic philosopher of truth and beauty and goodness. Nietzsche really only borrowed his later aphoristic style and wrote emo poetry philosophy. I doubt most Nietzscheans have the intelligence for Schopenhauer or Kant. (inb4 nietzsche teens get buttmad)
>>
>>8047347

>entire graduate philosophy departments devoted to reading nietzsche
>no professional philosophers give a flying fuck about schopenhauer
>schop only appeals to 4chan edge lords

muh nihilism
>>
>>8047336
So you can go live as the ubermensch?
>>
>>8046283
>rebuke

Yes of course he rebuked it you idiot
>>
>>8047371
>entire graduate philosophy departments devoted to reading nietzsche
it appears we've stumbled into the bizarroverse
>>
>>8047371
>no professional philosophers give a flying fuck about schopenhauer
this is also untrue
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.