[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I'm kind of new to reading recently and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: under_the_volcano.jpg (22 KB, 296x450) Image search: [Google]
under_the_volcano.jpg
22 KB, 296x450
Hey /lit/ I'm kind of new to reading recently and I'm thinking of trying this as my next book.

Has anyone read it? What are your opinions on it?
>>
I wouldn't recommend this for someone new to reading. Some of the greatest books, filled with life and virtuosity of style, will be a struggle to read. Not to say that you can't finish the book, but why turn what could be a great joy into a chore? Read things from the lit startkit and other such books, build up your skills, and come back when you are more experienced.
>>
>>8045616
pretty great
only complaint
yet another cuck book that /lit/ loves
>>
>>8046230
What is a "cuck book"?
>>
>>8046259
Full of recipes and tasty ideas
On how to be cucked
>>
>>8046296
I am so goddamn tired of /pol/
>>
>>8045616
it would be hard for a "new" reader to understand the constant shifts in point of view, time, and constant allusions (a lot of it went way way past me). It's a great book but start with something else. George Orwell, Dostoyevsky, Camus, and others like on the /lit/ starter kit are more accessible.
>>
>>8046259
answering that would spoil some story elements, but somehow I feel that >>8046230 is wrong and cuck doesn't apply in this case.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.