[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books that touch on the subject of "celebrity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Are there any books that touch on the subject of "celebrity culture" or concept of "idols"? Preferably with a perspective that opposes/condemns it all...
>>
The Mirror Effect
>>
thread synthpop theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3AOoGFkeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOv2JorfCs8

plus acoustic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFHdcQ-2fv8
>>
>>8044257
>Are there any books that touch on the subject of "celebrity culture" or concept of "idols"? Preferably with a perspective that opposes/condemns it all...

So basically you just want someone to feed you back your opinions? Why waste your time/money? Just sit alone in a corner and think about celebrities you hate.
>>
>>8045289

Under this concept, why even read or listen to anything/anyone other than yourself?

Idiot.
>>
>>8045304
Fair question desu
>>
>>8045304
But you're not looking to get a different perspective. You just want someone to repeat back to you your own but in words you can feel smart while quoting. Just sit in a corner and think to yourself if you just want your own opinions.
>>
>>8045289

You have no idea if the OP approves of celebrity culture and idols and wants to read the opposing view.
>>
Any Bret Easton Ellis novel. Probably best bet is Glamorama, since it not only casts them negatively but is also so ridiculously insufferable in itself that it will just turn you off anything celebrity-related in general.
>>
Fame Junkies - Jake Halpern
>>
>>8044257
people often dismiss celebrity culture outright due to elitism without reflecting on its positive and empowering qualities. This attitude contains disturbing classist racist and misogynistic undertones. Celebs can be role models, celebs can smash boundaries and inspire all kinds of people. Caitlyn Jenner did great work promoting the acceptance of trans ppl while Beyoncé, for example, has inspired millions of women and people of color to be more fierce and independent
>>
>>8045327
This and Valley of the Dolls.
>>
>>8044257

"The Hobbit"
>>
>>8046603
I hope you're trolling, family.
>>
>>8046603
p u r e
u
r
e

i d e o l o g y
d
e
o
l
o
g
y
>>
>>8045304
Because you're looking for a different perspective rather than reaffirming your own.
>>
File: 1461994309432.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1461994309432.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
>>8046603
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.