[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you haven't studied this book you will never be a writer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 51Ce5DKsZSL.jpg (38 KB, 316x500) Image search: [Google]
51Ce5DKsZSL.jpg
38 KB, 316x500
If you haven't studied this book you will never be a writer.
>>
dfw lives?
>>
But I'm writer.
>>
>>8041277
No you just think you're a writer
>>
I wonder how writers from before that book was published ever survived.
>>
File: xFriIeD.gif (1 MB, 198x252) Image search: [Google]
xFriIeD.gif
1 MB, 198x252
>>8041280
I'm writer.
>>
>>8041284
There were no writers before Derrida, they were simply retroactively constituted to presuppose his emergence
>>
File: 1463027524763.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
1463027524763.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>Derrida

He's not even relevant in his own field any more
>>
>they think Derrida was more than a passing fad in the American diploma mill
>they don't know that no one is using Derrida anymore
>>
>>8040587
ITT: Dick measuring contest.

No; I haven't read your stupid book and now you've mentioned it I will buy it so I can keep it on one of my bookshelves and not read it for every single day of my life as I call you a faggot and bitchlap you with every other book I read. This will become a ritual every writer will have to do to consider himself the real deal: grab the nearest pretentious cunt and his favorite book and show him you don't need his judgement nor his pity nor some self-help book for /r9k/ tier writers without enough self-esteem to look at their own reflection and claim with no fear of the masses or the so-called intellectuals and their "holier than thou" attitude: I am a writer.

Fuck you.
>>
File: baudrillard.png (198 KB, 750x900) Image search: [Google]
baudrillard.png
198 KB, 750x900
>>8040587
The only mention of Derrida I heard in four years of English was Freshman critical theory, a brief historical footnote along with Lacan and the rest of the gibberish-peddling retard brigade.
>>
>>8040587
Derrida, Marx, Freud and Wittgenstein are the 'elite four' of philosophy.
>>
>>8041422
this is a joke, right?
>>
>>8041422
For me it's Heidegger, Descartes, Socrates and Nies... Niet... Niez... uh, Kant.
>>
>>8041437
>tfw you Kant spell Nietzsche
>>
>>8041437
kek
>>
>>8041429
Nope, There are 8 Germans + 4 Jews scattered across the globe. 12 in total
>>
>>8041422
>>8041437
The guys you mention are just popular spooks and your hiveminds filled with 101 philosophy introductions don't know shit.
>>
>>8040587
Enough already of Lacan, Derrida, and Foucault poured like ketchup over everything. Lacan: the French fog machine; a grey-flannel worry-bone for toothless academic pups; a twerpy, cape-twirling Dracula dragging his flocking stooges to the crypt. Lacan is a Freud T-shirt shrunk down to the teeny-weeny Saussure torso. The entire school of Saussure, inluding Levi-Strauss, write their muffled prose of people with cotton wool wrapped around their heads; they're like walking Q-tips. Derrida: a Gloomy Gus one-trick pony, stuck on a rhetorical trope already available in the varied armory of New Criticism. Derrida's method: masturbating without pleasure. It's a birdbrain game for birdseed stakes. Neo-Foucaldian New Historicism: a high-wax bowling alley where you score points just by knockng down the pins.
>>
>>8041480
>Nope, There are 8 Germans + 4 Jews scattered across the globe. 12 in total
what the fuck are you talking about?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.