[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conciousness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 100_4802.jpg (365 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
100_4802.jpg
365 KB, 1280x960
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, but I'd like to talk about the idea of conciousness and and the possibility of reincarnation.

to preface my idea:
Let's say that due to the fact that time exists forever, black holes will eventually suck all the matter of the universe into a central point after eons have past, where another big bang would occur. Having this exact scenario play out over and over again for eternity, How likely is it that something like the reincarnation of ones consciousness occurs, and one would experience live again as an entirely different person? Is the idea of reincarnation invalid due to the fact that consciousness is a mystery. Is this only the kind of thing someone who is dissatisfied with their life would contemplate?
>>
>>8039916
>black holes will eventually suck all the matter of the universe into a central point after eons have past, where another big bang would occur.
better ask /sci/ but I've also heard that its just as likely that black holes will just fizzle out and all matter in the universe will dissociate into energy or something

anyway a really interesting idea if new universes will play out differently to this one, eternal return is just horrifying t b h
>>
>>8039932
>better ask /sci/
>>8075395
>>
>>8039932
>better ask /sci/
>>>/sci/8075395
>>
>>8039916
We don't know what matter itself is, or energy really. It's a mystery to us how (what we call) matter can think and act according to it's own "will." Is it so farfetched that this "matter" contains in itself the ingredient for consciousness, that energy and consciousness are the same exact thing and that the entire universe is one living organism containing one consciousness that we are a particular part of and that we return to it when this particular pattern of energy ceases. Perhaps you already have been reincarnated, perhaps every change of mood is a new self, a new pattern of energy that you find yourself born into. Maybe all of life feels the exact same life force that you do, maybe "you" are that life force which is peering out through your particular set of eyes, and flows through your mind experiencing your particular set of memories. And that life force is shared by us all because it is one, and we are all one in different costumes, a beetle, a man, an atom. I know that we are all one in the sense of emergence, we all share in the same flow of time, we are all connected in that sense. Maybe emotions are more than evolved behavior of a will-to-live, maybe they are the forces which the demiurge set in motion, maybe they are the music which energy dances to, perhaps energy and the music are the same, and emotion is a microcosm of the "cause" and intellect of the entire universe. I don't know man, but I can't give in to the thought that I, myself, exist only for this short duration in infinite time and space in the universe, there has to be some reason for my existence in the universe as a whole. The idea of my ego only existing for this short time, even if there were some sort of eternal rewind and playback, is quite depressing and my heart says that that's probably not the case. In a deterministic case that would make sense, but I think that the universe is intelligent and creative rather than dumb an lifeless. I think that I am free and my potential for creation is limitless if I can align myself with the forms in the universe, this is a better thought to me than to consider my life to be one which has be lived an infinite amount of times and will end the same way every time. Nietzsches eternal recurrence theory is cool though.
>>
>>8040268
woah... deep... *hits blunt*
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.