[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: 960.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
;_;
>>
>>8039892

Idris Elba is a good actor and ironically you faggots throwing up a stink are the niggers.
>>
>>8039904
Casting a black man destroys the storyline. There is no reason to do it other than to appear progressive. It ruins the story and I won't be seeing it.
>>
>>8039913

Or because Idris Elba is a good actor and would do the character justice whether he's white or not? Movies fuck up a lot of things when it comes to books.
>>
>>8039919
Explain his relationship with Odetta now that he's black. I'll wait
>>
>>8039919
damage controlling this hard
>>
>>8039904
Furthermore I agree is a good actor, but this role wasn't for him. It's just forced progressivism
>>
>>8039925
>>8039926

I don't read Stephen King because I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>8039937
Typical. Weigh in on the character choice without reading the books.
>muh whiteout
>>
>>8039944

I just think Elba is a good actor.
>>
>>8039947
But you haven't read the books and know nothing about the character. Meryl Streep is a good actress, should she be considered for the part as well?
>>
>>8039892

I really want to get the second movie where Odetta goes off on her racist rants and how Black Roland and White Eddie discuss this. Not to mention the piercing blue eyes
>>
>>8039925

Odetta is the girl in the bar from the first book yeah?
>>
>>8039977

The second through seventh. She's the Lady of Shadows schizo
>>
>>8039913
>>8039934
>>8039954

Are you FUCKING retarded?

This is /lit/ - not /tv/ or r/books. Take you vile genre trash and shove it up your ass, you sick cunts.
>>
>>8039947
Idris Elba is a good actor therefore he should play Hitler in this latest historical documentary
>>
>>8040003
That would be very interesting though. Casting Hitler as a black man amongst hundreds of blond haired blue eyed aryans would serve to highlight the fact that Hitler, no matter how hard you try to rationalise his actions, was an unprecedented evil completely divorced from his fellow man in ways that petty mass-murderers like Stalin and Mussolini never were.
It's like how Othello wouldn't have the same impact or stage presence if he was another Venetian. I would genuinely love to see Elba play Adolf Hitler.
>>
>>8039892
go back to that reddit website
>>
>>8039999
downvoated to be honst, no karma for u
>>
>>8040003
I'd pay to see this
>>
>>8039999
The powerful 9 has spoken.
>>
>>8040003
Hitler did belong to an African Y-DNA haplogroup. A documentary detailing how he "passed" for white would be interesting. Sort of like a German 'Human Stain'.
>>
Why do Stephen King posts keep getting posted in here. Can we have a containment thread for this shit? Isn't the Fantasy and SF thread enough?

What's happening to /lit/?
>>
>>8039892

Happy with Elba but I hope he loses weight for the role
>>
>>8039913
What a shit opinion, the character isn't defined by the colour of his skin. Time to stop being an edgelord who thinks everything is PC culture and should be shot down.
>>
>>8040194
Blame /r9k/ et al. for shitting up the board so much that most of the posters who read actual books left.
>>
>>8040344
Roland Deschain

Knight errant/Lord
Descendant of King Arthur with Germanic name
Cowboy/.Gunslinger

He is strong white man the character.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.