[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The completely forgettable man sat in the back of his van, avoiding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: lo_lee_tah.jpg (146 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
lo_lee_tah.jpg
146 KB, 600x800
The completely forgettable man sat in the back of his van, avoiding the light, his fingers lightly clutched around the neck of a very small girl. Luckily for the girl, she wasn’t real.

She was a slightly used knock-off Raggedy Ann doll, bought for a nickel three months ago from a thrift store one state over. Grinning at the heavy set cashier, he explained it was for his niece. The middle aged woman, smiling shyly up at him, mumbled something about how sweet and thoughtful he was. As he left the store, he remembered thinking what her expression would have been if she actually knew the doll’s intended purpose.

Sitting now in the deepest part of his heavily modified passenger van, he allowed himself to imagine the look of horror and disgust he would have earned from the woman if he had told her the truth. His mind wandered and the front of his blue jeans noticeably expanded as his penis began to harden at the thought of being able to show the world what he really was. Of being able to finally remove his mask and reveal not only his true nature, but all of humanity’s. That dark, inner violence which shaped and ruined empires. Which gave voice to happy, singing prey and shadows to hide the stalking predators. That real and radiant world neglected by the weak, frantically desperate to ignore the truth and replace it with their own lesser versions of reality.
>>
>>8039147
Fire produces light and loins produce life.
>>
this shitty post you made is a waste of your time and mine

this poster is also repulsive in three distinct ways, the way that upsets me more being the fact that it is not even for the book, but instead for the awful Kubrick movie. If this was the actual poster for the movie, it would have beem the most sexual element of the entire entity by far. It perhaps better reflects the contents of the book, but of course imagery that hints at something sexually explicit reflects a failure to understand the novel

anyways kill yourself
>>
>>8039174
Good post
>>
LING LING
>>
>>8039174
what the hell lol
I don't think pieces of shit are worth defending or getting worked up about.
>>
>>8039181
didn't/don't care about the 'piece of shit', did/do care about the pretentious fanmade poster for a movie that made me want to blow my brains out, but which has also become some kind of hipster objet d'art appearing on tshirts and in etsy printshops everywhere. I think these people have probably neither seen the movie nor read the book.
>>
>>8039191
Did you see the 90's movie with Jeremy Irons? I haven't yet read the book but I thought the movie was incredible and it quoted the book quite a bit.
>>
File: 1450188983958.jpg (63 KB, 586x674) Image search: [Google]
1450188983958.jpg
63 KB, 586x674
>>8039147
>>
>>8039204
I have seen it. It's much better than the Kubrick film, but essentially just a typical lit adaptation. Lots of assorted nods meant for fans of the book, and a decent drama film even if you haven't read it. But in the end just a quick mounting of the novel onto the screen; nothing is really gained, and quite a bit is lost. It's a pretty middle-of-the-line example of that kind of thing. Adaptations that make use of the cinematic medium more– e.g. Ruiz' Time Regained, Twelve Years a Slave, even, say, Inherent Vice– are always a lot better.
>>
>>8039147
That is some seriously multivalent cover art.
>a red lollipop
>a tampon being inserted into a menstruating vagina
>the crotch of a prepubescent girl in a red bikini
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.