[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys! I have a girl friend whom I've coerced to read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
Hi guys! I have a girl friend whom I've coerced to read classics. She's already read To Kill a Mockingbird, Atala, Rene, Go Set a Watchman, and Bridge of San Luis Rey from my suggestions, but she's only really liked Mockingbird and Go Set. I think she only likes fiction that isn't difficult to digest, but is also entertaining. Can you suggest books for me to suggest to her?

Thank you.
>>
>I had to convince [x] to read great books.
>[x] has only read childlike shit for SJWs.
>[x] wants only easy things because [x] is mentally retarded.
>[x] is a girl.

Why waste your time teaching a dog to walk on its hind legs? Even if you get it to feign reading real books, it'll just pose for Instagram selfies.

Teach it to cook and suck your dick and be happy with what you have. Women don't have souls.
>>
East of Eden. Lots of scenery and one of the main characters is a psychopathic female.
>>
>>8038584
who hurt you
>>
>>8038562
Try Vonnegut. I know girls that like Vonnegut.
Or The Bell Jar, if she doesn't mind being sadder than shit.
>>
File: 1449467242191.jpg (121 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
1449467242191.jpg
121 KB, 736x981
>>8038584
well hello there handsome.
>>8038562
How about works by Philip K Dick, really dig his cyberpunk vibes.
>>
>>8038734
>>8038696
>he doesn't think women are the same as men so he must be bad at getting laid
roasties getting toasty
>>
>>8038747
>he must be bad at getting laid
nobody said that but you anon.
>dat projection
>>
>>8038769
you're due for a new coat of irony
>>
Why does it matter, most people, especially girls, no offense to them, won't be into books beyond a basic level.

Honestly trying to get people into anything meaningful on a "deep", especially cultural funny enough, music, movies, art, books is a lost cause.

You're better off raising a child and raising him to be a super prodigy as kids are actually sponges unlike adults.
>>
>>8038687
OK, I think I'll recommend this to her after Of Mice and Men, and Old Man and the Sea. Thank you.

>>8038584
I don't understand where the bitterness is coming from, but before I could recommend all the Pynchons and the Gasses I should start with letting her enjoy reading. That's what my father did for me, and for that I'm infinitely grateful to him.
>>
>>8039129
>Old Man and The Sea
>inb4 why didn't he just cut the liiiine
>>
>>8038562
THE BIBLE
>>
>>8038584
this

also i think the world would be much better if women would not have the sapience, their dimwit creates way too many troubles
>>
File: 138982320016.jpg (111 KB, 531x1400) Image search: [Google]
138982320016.jpg
111 KB, 531x1400
>>8038562
>btw i have a gril

Please go away.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.