[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone ever won any writing competitions or contests? what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1447183346375.png (261 KB, 621x729) Image search: [Google]
1447183346375.png
261 KB, 621x729
has anyone ever won any writing competitions or contests?

what was it? what did you win? how long ago was it and how is your writing progress now?

(post your winning entry if you're brave)
>>
>tfw only losers
>>
When I was in kindergarden me and my dad wrote a poem in some sort of poem competition and won some candy
>>
>>8038549
Chem Eng major, won a uni Shakespeare competition by taking the plot to the crucible and rewriting it using Shakespeare's own lines. I think i used lines from Henry IV and Julius Ceasar the most.

Won it last year, received a $100 gift card to the Union Bookshop. I'm rewriting the Illiad as a family drama, similar to Johnathan Franzen's The Corrections.
>>
>>8039266
>taking the plot to the crucible and rewriting it using Shakespeare's own lines

That's neat, good job being creative.

I recently read The Crucible for the first time, what the fuck is wrong with Americans?
>>
>>8039274
>implying puritans are Americans

puritans are just the weird social outcasts of Britain and Ireland. they did not create America. And communism is European. Fuck you.
>>
>>8039399
puritan values built america u filthy catholic, god blessed the puritians which is why america is successful and wealthy with human rights for all while the rest of the hemisphere is just one impoverished shithole after another all ruined by catholic paganism
>>
File: 1443680811813.jpg (29 KB, 457x720) Image search: [Google]
1443680811813.jpg
29 KB, 457x720
>>8039411
YOU AGAIN?! STOP USING THE LETTER U IN PLACE OF THE WORD "YOU!!"
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.