[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gabriel comes down from God to chat with people in both the Bible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Gabriel comes down from God to chat with people in both the Bible and the Qu'ran.

What are some other figures that have a more or less coherent role in multiple different world religions and stories?
>>
Mephistopheles in the Faustian legend.
>>
>>8038276
adam and eve, and noah
>>
>>8038276
King Solomon(Suleiman in Islam)
>>
>>8038276
>different world religions

Same religion. Islam is just the purification of what Saul tried to destroy.
>>
>>8038891
Who is Saul?
And didn't Christianity come long after Islam?
>>
>>8040388
>christianity come long after Islam

Are you fucking serious? Christianity predates Islam by around 500 years.
>>
>>8040388
>Who is Saul?
Paul, the apostle.
>And didn't Christianity come long after Islam?
Christianity was theologically fully developed with around 30 notable theologians, translators, philosophers and thinkers of other sorts by the time Muhammad was still a traveling merchant.
>>
>>8038891
Bait. Islam is devil-worship.
>>
File: crusader.jpg (88 KB, 680x490) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
88 KB, 680x490
>>8038891
mahomet pls go
>>
Buddhism and Hinduism share 90% of their pantheon and are "more or less" coherent between themselves.
>>
>>8038276
God.
>>
>>8040388
Mate....the year "0 AD" means "Year of our Lord Jesus". That's the year Jesus was died on the Earth.

Muhammad was born around 600 AD.

Do the math.
>>
>>8041317
Sorry bud, A.D. actually refers to the birth of Jesus. The crucifixion allegedly happened in 31 A.D.
>>
>>8041317
0 ad never existed
jesus was born in 1 ad

>>8041407
26-34 ad
>>
>>8041317
Of course, I could have googled and not ask. But that's true for most threads.

Or are you implying I should have known when Mohammed lived?
>>
File: MEJBo.gif (387 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
MEJBo.gif
387 KB, 320x240
>>8041317
It means Anno Domini.
>This is what /lit/ has become.
>>
>>8038276
ISIS thinks Jesus will come down and fight for them in an apocalyptic battle on a random field in Syria
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.