[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this one of your favorites, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: albert-camuss-the-stranger.jpg (122 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
albert-camuss-the-stranger.jpg
122 KB, 600x840
Why is this one of your favorites, /lit/?
>>
I don't understand the point of it. Why did he shoot that arab multiple times? Blaming it on the sun isn't a valid reason. Was he a psychopath?
>>
>>8037429
it isn't
>>
>>8037926
Try reading Camus' essay The Myth of Sisyphus and then you will understand maybe.

He wasn't a psychopath, he just understood the meaninglessness of everything.
>>
File: iOgCXeb.jpg (1 MB, 1819x4347) Image search: [Google]
iOgCXeb.jpg
1 MB, 1819x4347
>>8037926
The point is that everything is meaningless

>>8037934
Pic related
>>
>>8037961
>The point is that everything is meaningless
/lit/'s definition of "deep"

Probably the worst Camus book. Certainly the most accessible, and thus the one everyone praise because
>muh absurd
The easiest way to convince yourself you are reading a "philosophical" book and feel better about yourself.

Plebs.
>>
>>8037980
>most accessible = least value

So hip.
>>
>>8037429
It was the first book I read by Camus so yeah, it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Btw, what are some good lesser known works about absurdism? I
>>
It's a short and relatively straightforward summary of babby's first existential school of thought. No wonder if captivates the loud and boisterous nu-readers this board is full of.
>>
>>8037980
>implying /lit/ is the reason Camus is considered among the great modern philosophers
>>
>>8038419
>underestimating 4chan's incredible influence on mainstream discourse

Newfag redditor detected.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.