[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goodreads thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
Post reviews and try to guess which book they belong to.
>>
gene wolfe's series about severian?
>>
>a messy and convoluted story regarding a torturer who wouldn't stop rambling

my diary tbqh
>>
I read the first one and A Series of Unfortunate Events immediately popped into my mind. The second one kind of kills my idea though.
>>
>>8036701
bullying dogs and cats is bad, mmkey
>>
>>8036697
Pick something easier to guess mate, plebs always write the same thing about Wolfe
>>
>>8036722
wolfe is a fool for he shouldnt have been written genre fiction, how the bible concludes it - do not throw your pearls to pigs
>>
>>8036725
It's funny when people read a book just because it's labeled sci-fi or fantasy, but it turns out to be completely different from all the schlock they read and they get triggered by it
>>
>>8036725
Not all of his works are science fiction and his work seems to be getting more and more traction, which I'm happy for.
It's also a fact that science fiction and fantasy weren't always this bad, the mixing of identity politics in it has made it into the insufferable mass of morons it is now, and here I don't mean the leftist ideology being written into many modern sff novels, but rather the way consumption of certain type of fiction becomes the defining line in ones life, so nerd culture.
Before it used to be honest pulp, but the degree of quality it had was much higher compared to now (so Howard opposed to Sanderson or Herbert opposed to Scalzi).
>>
>>8036741
So true.. I normally hate genre shit, but the stuff that's actually good triggers most of the genre readers.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.