[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RIP Katherine Dunn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 13872.jpg (29 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
13872.jpg
29 KB, 309x475
Sorry, formative.
>>
File: Geek+Love+Collage[1].jpg (43 KB, 450x386) Image search: [Google]
Geek+Love+Collage[1].jpg
43 KB, 450x386
she looked like a camel so i guess it's a little loss unless you like dem camels

also she died several days ago you are not very fast
>>
>>8035597
Is this book any good? I have an electronic version of it I may dip my dick into
>>
>>8035616
I only saw a notice tonight, and if it was posted here, I missed it.

>>8035629
It has some interesting characters and ideas that I can still recall years later, if that counts. And I remember there being some lol moments. I don't know how well it has aged.
>>
>The novel is the story of a traveling carnival run by Aloysius "Al" Binewski and his wife "Crystal" Lil. When the business begins to fail, the couple devise an idea to breed their own freak show, using various drugs and radioactive material to alter the genes of their children. The results are Arturo ("Arty"), a boy with flippers for hands and feet; Electra ("Elly") and Iphigenia ("Iphy"), Siamese Twins; Olympia ("Oly"), a hunchbacked albino dwarf; and Fortunato ("Chick"), the normal-looking baby of the family who has telekinetic powers.

hahaha oh wow

p.s.

the author herself

>a prolific writer on professional boxing
>>
>>8035629
It isn't very good IMO. Only one or two interesting characters and lukewarm prose. The appeal is the shock value. I'd say it's the most disturbing novel I've read, so there's that I guess.
>>
>>8035690
Eesh. Sounds dreadful. I'm out (shark tank voice)
>>
>>8035650
her boxing writing is good
>>
>>8035616
What does it matter what a writer looks like, you twat?
>>
>>8035648
I re-read it this week - still fun

>>8037064
this
>>
>>8035629
If you liked the first season of hbo's, "carnivale" you'll like it. Not quite the same but very similar.
>>
>>8035690
It's not that disturbing...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.