[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Mr. Darcy autistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Jane_Austen_coloured_version.jpg (900 KB, 769x952) Image search: [Google]
Jane_Austen_coloured_version.jpg
900 KB, 769x952
Was Mr. Darcy autistic?
>>
Some human being, now dead, smacked Jane Austen lips and pounded that body while listening to moans of an English tone.

Indeed, life is true suffering.
>>
No. Very good book though.
>>
(Spoilers)

The conversation after Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy have agreed to marry is so stilted and awkward that I now understand why Austen chose not to include such a scene in Mansfield Park
>>
>>8034661
Not true, Jane died a spinster.
>>
>>8034645
>"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess," said Darcy, "of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concerns, as I often see done."

Confirmed.
>>
I know /lit/ is a little misogynistic in general, but it still always surprises me how few people comment when we have Jane Austen threads.
>>
>>8035635
Only the most broken and ruined female would post on /lit/ this late at night.

Australians aren't human, by the way, so they don't count.
>>
Considering how Austen was probably autistic herself, I'm going to say yes, Mr. Darcy was autistic.
>>
>>8035635
>Darcy

wait you mean that is a Jane Austin thing -- fuck

well i'm not going to post in any more threads about it anyway, you can be sure of that
>>
best pride and prejudice? kiera knightley edition?
>>
>>8035846
No, the Colin Firth mini series was better.
>>
>>8035635
Really? My experience is that I'm always surprised how positive and extensive Jane Austen threads here are. OK, there's no deep discussion of her novels, but you always get a lot of people weighing in saying she's good.
>>
Mist up her arsey
>>
>>8034661
That's a really specific thing to worry about.
>>
>>8036066
well she's commonly considered one of the greatest novelists of all time and her books are all very popular, so the discussions here are really less frequent than you would expect.
>>
>>8034645
when I consider how lovely are all of Austen's protagonists and how lively all their loves, it really saddens me to remember that Austen herself was denied that kind of joy for which she had such a tender sensibility
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.