[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why haven't you guys read this yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
so why haven't you guys read this yet?
>>
>>8034183
But I have, anon--I've read it twice, in fact.
>>
>>8034183
Because you fuckers already memed me this year with The Lime Twig
>>
>>8034230
was The Lime Twig not good?
>>
>>8034230
>>8034233
The Lime Twig is fantastic.
>>
>>8034214
send me that shit. I want to read it. can't find it anywhere. might have to order it.
>>
>>8034233
I was disappointed. I was expecting a precursor to Pynchon and got a graham Greene triller instead. Yes there were some impressive prose descriptions of English urban damp and grime but he's nothing like Pynchon. So no idea where they got the 'he inspired Gravity's Rainbow' meme.
>>
Because I've no interest
>>
>>8034266
I have a photocopy I can upload, if you'll wait a bit.
>>8034270
It's not really its outward traits that are impressive (though I do love the prose), but what's going on behind the scenes, like Hawkes' experimentation with the form of the novel.
>>
>>8034322

yeah i'll wait a bit im not even that guy but i cant find it either
>>
I read books for pleasure, not self-harm.
>>
>>8034183
Bought it, haven't gotten around to reading it yet though.
>>
>>8034322
still waiting motherfucker
>>
>>8034341
>>8034939
Soon, anon. Soon.
>>
>>8034270

I read "The Blood Oranges" by Hawkes and it was a pretty standard novel. The exact fate of one of the characters was skirted around but you knew basically what happened to him. It was a good book but I didn't notice anything postmodern about it.

The Beetle Leg was grueling, I read half of it on an airplane of all places and then gave up. Dense as fuck.

I want to give the Cannibal a try, it's been sitting on my shelf for years.
>>
I'm interested but he also pulls out the dirty tampax card on page 1 so
>>
about 50 pages in. shelved it for another read real quick but i'll probably start back up again in a few days and grind through all the way.

>>8035058
lol
>>
>>8034266
This is I think the best version
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/z7Q2Jr3A/file.html
>>
>>8034976
The Cannibal is the book that inspired GR
>>
>>8034183
Because no Mobi/Epub
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.