[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I read a shit ton of books, one after another. But I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Easy fantastic reads.jpg (912 KB, 1470x1466) Image search: [Google]
Easy fantastic reads.jpg
912 KB, 1470x1466
So I read a shit ton of books, one after another. But I haven't read a novel in YEARS.

I want a book that's an easy read and yet still epic and gripping. These are books that i've heard a good deal about, would any of these fit what i'm looking for? (Not a hard read, gripping and thrilling story)
>>
>>8034139
Only Dune, Blood Meridian and Way of Kings are decent on that list. Forget the others.
>>
Yeah Blood Meridian by McCarthy is pretty comfy, the others might be a bit too terse for what you're looking for, and boring.
>>
>>8034139
As far as gripping, I'd say McCarthy's The Road. I devoured that one pretty quickly, lots of tension and desperation. I empathized pretty heavy with the characters.
>>
>>8034149
What about in terms of easy reading? I can read a dense book on Quantum Physics just fine but I just have a hard time getting into novels oftentimes.

>>8034158
I already saw the movie. Also not a good time for me to get depressed for days on end.
>>
>>8034163
Way of Kings is babby tier, but the others aren't exactly hard either.
>>
>>8034163
movie was a shadow of the book. no where near the emotional depth and desolation of the novel.

Anyways, if you want to just get into reading and don't want to be clinically depressed, try Vonnegut. Slaughterhouse 5 or Syrens of Titan. SoT is my favorite by him. It's got a sluggish second act but it get really interesting
>>
>>8034169
Oh I do plan to read it eventually, just not a good emotional time for me.

What about from the list in the OP? Which would you say is the easiest read that's worthwhile?
>>
>>8034175
The only one I've read is Blood Meridian, which I wouldn't recommend to someone who doesn't want to feel a lot of emotional turbulence
>>
The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is an amazing read as well as easy to read
>>
>>8034175
>>8034200
Actually I've read The Stand in high school, now that I think of it.
I remember liking it. It's long but it's good. Very epic
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.