[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to be motivated to read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Jean_Paul_Laurens_-_Dr._Fausto.jpg (41 KB, 600x499) Image search: [Google]
Jean_Paul_Laurens_-_Dr._Fausto.jpg
41 KB, 600x499
How to be motivated to read?
>>
>>8033972
I find it hard to be motivated enough to do anything
>>
You have to actually like to read in the first place.
>>
I really want to read but whenever I read on the bus I start to feel really tired. How to amend?
I mean literally falling asleep while reading, waking up and catching the book and my hand from falling limp.
>>
just think of how smart you'll be
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pchBr13oCM
>>
>>8033972
Open book, read page until there aren't any left to read on said book. Rinse and repeat. Don't think, do it.
>>
>>8034019
>Juss b urself bro
>>
I force myself a set amount usually depending on how long the book is I will give myself like a week to read the book then force myself to read X number of pages a day
>>
Bit by bit.

One page one day, two pages another, a few maybe a week later, maybe a book in a week the next month, then maybe after six months you begin reading a book every few days.

Bit by bit.
>>
>>8034029
"Yourself" is a retarded, literally autistic shitposter from /r9k/ who is mad your laughably shit taste got made fun of at some point and has dedicated his entire pathetic life to making bad one sentence threads on the board that bullied him. He's telling to you to stop being a dumb faggot and read a book.
>>
>>8033998
*have
its think have
so sick of you illiterates
>>
>>8034107
Not at all, I just think its blatently naive to reduce a problem of lack of will towards something with a commandment to will, if it were that simple the person wouldn't have to make the thread.
>>
>>8034113
holy shit you are retarded?
>>
>>8034179
no i do not possess a retarded....
urgh learn basic english
>>
>>8033972
Read something short, easy, and enjoyable. Let momentum take it from there
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.