[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books can help me to stop feeling guilty for not working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1461187284731.png (29 KB, 640x753) Image search: [Google]
1461187284731.png
29 KB, 640x753
What books can help me to stop feeling guilty for not working to become richer? And to cope with being ugly and never having had attention from girls despite having been to university for four years? And to cope with having zero friends, even in university?

I have no idea what I would do as a rich person anyway but I still feel pathetic about not being successful.

I saw the movie Everybody Wants Some!! today and felt horrible because I'm not living the fun life and I never have. I've never been to a pub or party or nightclub (UK litizen here)
>>
retarded feelposter gb2 >>>/r9k/
>>
read the words of hermes trismegistus and become brown pilled
wear a floppy conical hat that looks like a fresh corn cob everywhere
read borges too
>>
maybe bukowski?
>>
Lead a rich inner life. No one can take libraries and learning away from you. Devote your life to your own Bildung and stop thinking in terms of material hedonism.

Rich people are mostly retards. Every ounce of wealth and leisure makes them 10% less likely to be impeded by life's petty obstacles, but 100% more likely to become a babby who plateaus early in life and rots.
>>
How Much Land Does A Man Need?
>>
Religious books were made specially for that, not even joking.
>>
>>8033012
Rich people grow up surrounded by practical wisdom, which is incredibly hard for non-rich people to figure out. They also have special access to a wide array of connections through family.

They man crash, but they still have an advantage. Honestly it isn't nearly as big as people think it is, and because people who jump classes often have to battle through emo "I cnat"ness, they are at least somewhat more resilient than those who first encounter it later, or who encounter at the top, where there isn't really hope for more
>>
>>8032984
Bible. Look up Tony Robbins champ. Also add The Rock to your fb page. Delete live journal and stop going on r9k and reddit, as they make you feel like being a whiney baby is okay.
>>
>What books can help me to stop feeling guilty for not working to become richer?

To live by Yu Hua. It's about a Chinese farmer who blows several generations' worth of inheritance on whores and gambling, and then feels like shit for about 150 pages. Best book I ever read.

>And to cope with being ugly and never having had attention from girls

Doctor Glas by Swedish author Hjalmar Söderberg can help you. Don't know which translation is the best.

despite having been to university for four years?

>And to cope with having zero friends

Strindberg's Inferno. Fukken masterpiece.

> even in university?

Gorkij's autobiography should take care of that, the first two parts are wonderful. Just don't read them as one book, I did that the first three or four times and never made it through the second part (then again, I was a teenager)

>I have no idea what I would do as a rich person anyway but I still feel pathetic about not being successful.

Read a general overview of the history of Western thought. You need to know that others have had similar thoughts and many different solutions. Whatever you find that you like, read more.

>I saw the movie Everybody Wants Some!! today

Don't know what it is.

>and felt horrible because I'm not living the fun life and I never have. I've never been to a pub or party or nightclub (UK litizen here)

Read James and the Giant Peach, the New Testament, The Brothers Lionheart, and Persepolis by Marjaneh Satrapi.

Also, OP, you need to 1. leave your house and get some exercise and 2. talk to a professional of some kind, even if you only do it once. The most dangerous part of depression and anxiety is your thoughts spiralling out of control simply because you recieve no input from others.

Good luck.
>>
The right to be lazy
Dead man working
Proud Beggers (all of Cossery to be honest)

There's a good anti-work chart that I can't find atm.
>>
>>8032984
you. i like you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.