[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this book. I hate this book more than I can even describe,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: shit.jpg (21 KB, 220x345) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
21 KB, 220x345
Fuck this book.

I hate this book more than I can even describe, and I hate myself even more for finishing it. I will be shocked if anyone can note even one redeeming quality about this mountainous pile of trash.
>>
I started it a while ago but put it down and haven't started again since. I don't remember it being that bad, though; maybe a little flowery. What did you hate about it so much?
>>
>>8032708
The further you go, the worse it gets. 50 page sections where a seemingly insurmountable problem is developed and then resolved in half a page with a Deus Ex Machina, entire chapters and episodes that do nothing to serve the advancement of the plot (or any of the book's dubious 'themes'), secondary characters that have no purpose existing, schlocky, forced, predictable romances, a protagonist who disappears for four hundred pages (no, I'm not joking), labored slapstick comedy, an antagonist who vanishes after the first twenty pages only to return six hundred pages later at the end of the novel...

I could go on. Floweriness is the least of my complaints.
>>
>>8032804
Forget to mention, total lack of character development.
The most well-developed characters occasionally attain two-dimensionality.
>>
>>8032804
>>8032806
Interesting, thanks for the info. I had been thinking about starting it again in a bit but now I'm reconsidering.
>>
>>8032806
>character development
You fell for the high school english class meme.
>>
>>8032703
that's a piece of shit book where the author couldn't keep the air of a fairy tail; i understood at ~the first quoter of it and dropped it
>>
>>8034430
Excuse me for not thinking it's a mark of literary craftsmanship when a novel's characters remain static for 700+ pages.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.