[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An immersive book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1671348-poster-1280-nosaj-thing.jpg (437 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
1671348-poster-1280-nosaj-thing.jpg
437 KB, 1280x722
Yeah i've already seen the recommendation list, I just have a strong repulsion to "classics" as i'm a brainwashed anti intellectual deep in the pit of nihilism. Please help a brother out and recommend a book that'll bring the feels
>>
also I'd really like to read a recently published book, books published awhile ago usually put me to sleep
>>
>>8032077
The classics are difficult for a short period of time only. It is the strangeness of the prose that makes it hard reading, not the intellectual substance. Most of the classics are fairly straight forward and immersive. Just keep reading. They will lift you up my friend
>>
Just take acid and fuck off.
>>
>>8032115
Any idea on what to start with? Hopefully immersive
>>8032117
I can't i'm schizoaffective feelsbadman
>>
>>8032121
I actually have a good pick for you. "City of Thieves" by David Benioff. Not intellectual/highbrow but also not straight trash, an easy read and pageturner. Very propulsive story
>>
>>8032138
You could also try the recent popular "literary" hits like Donna Tartt and All the Light We Cannot See. Popular yet not genre trash is probably a good criteria to start.
>>
Jeanette Winterson's Written on the Body is sexy and immersive literary fiction
>>
>>8032121
It doesn't have to be a good experience. Might as well see how far your rabbit hole can go, since you're already fucked.
>>
>>8032138 Alright i'll go for it thanks and I like highbrow shit
>>8032144 This will be my second go
>>8032149 no thanks
>>8032160 I'm already so deep I'll never get out
alright ty men
>>
>>8032183
That's why I said you're already fucked. I guess you're stupid, too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.