[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: download.png (3 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3 KB, 228x221
Opinions?
>>
>>8032048
I'm not sure what this is.
>>
>>8032048
>Has anyone on /lit/ read this?

no
>>
>>8032055
>>8032061
Really, is kinda fun. Cheesy but funny (helps if you know the actual situation of germany)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_Who%27s_Back
>>
>>8032048
Saw the movie, good enough meta-exploration of the resurgence of fascism. The unscripted bits were probably the best part, close second was the subtle photo recreations they put in.

I feel like they could have explored and deconstructed the atrocity ideology a little more but I'm not sure they had the resources.
>>
Somebody told me about this book and explained the central joke very thoroughly. I don't have any desire to read the book.
>>
>>8032091
what's the joke?
>>
>>8032096
Hitler comes back to live (not even himself knows how). People think he's a actor, so they give him a comedy show where he make jokes about the politic situation of the country. He soon gain an influential public image.
>>
>>8032118
does he save Germany?
>>
>>8032070
It's not fun. Just boring.
>>
>>8032048
Hitler is well written and as a whole it's funny so I don't really regret reading it, but the side characters are meh and the ending is disappointing. The same thing goes for the movie.
>>
>>8032048
It was written a few years too early and the ending is pretty poor. Kind of funny and an easy read I guess.
>>
>>8032048
They were so DESPERATE for reasons to make Hitler look bad that they made him do something the real Hitler would have never done (kill a dog in cold blood).

And then they made him say only true things.

The morale is that Hitler was right.
>>
>>8032048
Emo haircuts are back?
>>
>>8032733
kek
true though
>>
>>8032078
the supposedly unscripted part with the guy interfering as hitler tries to earn gas money by doing portraits of people was stronger than the senile actor lady flipping out desu
>>
File: one star.png (2 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
one star.png
2 MB, 1920x1040
>>8032078
>>8033280
I loved when the pc joke writers just had to laugh despite themselves.
>>
>>8032078
The viewer/reader indeed needs a certain understanding and fear of the power of ideology and the atrocities it can contain. So I thought it was rather entertaining, yet it misses the point of actually making people aware of this thing you call 'atrocity ideology'.
>>
>>8032048
shitty mainstream book, stopped after reading about 1/4. Its just too hard.
>>
>>8033797
*trying too hard, damn
>>
>>8032048
Read for a few minutes then got bored
>>
>>8033613
It was late and I couldn't think of a better phrase, but yeah, it demanded an odd amount from the viewer. This is a satire piece about a guy responsible for inhuman horrors and they never addressed that in a concrete way. In the end it edged more on preaching to a choir, if that, than actually engaging what allows someone like Hitler to exist.
>>
>>8033280
Absolutely my favorite moment
>>
Nice idea but think you need to be German to fine it good,only managed 1/3 before ditching it.
>>
>>8036165
I don't think fascism is really something only the Germans are troubled with.
>>
>>8037028

The Germans are more troubled by vast amounts of immigrants at the moment, and the possibility of terrorist attacks. If fascism comes, it will be a necessary step, and not the product of misdirected hatred. That's how the situation has been engineered.

And rightly so. People in the West are weak right now. Comfort breeds weakness. Meanwhile, the world is filling up with starving in the billions, who want what you have. Global warming is going to cause equatorial droughts, triggering mass migration to cooler lands- for instance, europe and north america. When fascism appears, you need to embrace the shit out of it, because we're gonna need it.
>>
>>8037159
this.
>>
The movie's conclusion was really trite and I'm annoyed by everyone espousing it.
>le everybody is a racist maymay x-dd
#deep
>>
>>8038016

Well it really needs saying. A lot of native populations are under the impression that things are gonna be lots of fun when they become a minority, because, of course, only white people can be racist.
>>
>>8038201
Yeah, sure, whatever you say, /pol/yp.
>>
>>8038233

But anon, statistics prove that whites will be a minority in our own countries, and that we're presently the victims of a disproportionate amount of interracial violence.
>>
>>8037159
well put anon
>>
>>8037159
As a German, I find American /pol/ opinions cute
>>
>>8032048
Heard the audiobook in german and watched the movie. I enjoyed it. They did the part where he went to clean his uniform better in the book imo desu
Blitzreinigung!
>>
>>8039877
he's right though.
>>
>>8039877
how can you tell if he's an american? did you trace his IP?
>>
>>8039877
Your great grandfather would weep if he saw Berlin today.
>>
>>8040097
>implying your great grandfather wouldn't kill himself if he saw you spouting /int/-tier memes today
>>
File: les enfants terribles.png (43 KB, 1803x936) Image search: [Google]
les enfants terribles.png
43 KB, 1803x936
>>8039877
>>8040109
>have an old belgian neighbor
>he's a colonel in the US military
>is also a doctor, does a lot of work in Europe
>every time he talks with me he tells me about how terrible things are there
>"Belgium used to be a nice country, now it's awful" he says
>His daughter and her family just moved here to the US because they were too scared to live in Brussels after the bombings
>tells me they knew about the "local jihadists" for a long time

it's pretty sad over there
>>
>>8040132
>>His daughter and her family just moved here to the US because they were too scared to live in Brussels after the bombings

they probably have no idea how many people niggers in usa murder
if it's not that spectacular as the bombings it doesn't count
>>
>>8040137
The rates of rape and murder in Europe are climbing higher and higher each month as more immigrants flood in. Look at the statistics. When you bring people from an alien culture into a peaceful society and they refuse to integrate, behaving like they're still living in the shitholes they came from, things get worse. Both his daughter and son in law are orthopedic surgeons who responded to the massacre. They saw the horror of it as the smoke cleared, and understandably that has quite a permanent impact on someone. It's especially disturbing when you realize their government knew about the extremists in Brussels, but just let them kill their own citizens.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.