[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Being paranoid is a good thing. The experience of being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 580x386
> Being paranoid is a good thing. The experience of being paranoid when you smoke weed is to get you to look at yourself. It’s to get you to look at life. You’re not always looking at it as clearly as you could. Those jolts of perception you misinterpret as paranoia, what you’re really doing is just dealing with information that’s already there. – Joe Rogan

I have been thinking about this for a while. Could you recommend literature that is relevant?
>>
>>8031900
Pinecone.
>>
>>8031900
Pinch on's "The crying of Lot 69"
>>
>>8031900
>weed ayy lmao

Fuck off.
>>
File: 420.jpg (204 KB, 675x939) Image search: [Google]
420.jpg
204 KB, 675x939
>>
>>8031905
>>8031919

???
>>
>>8031900

Weed is so fucking lame dude at least do a real man's drug like coke or something jesus christ. I stopped doing all drugs though because I don't want to turn into a dingus. Would recommend.

>Could you recommend literature that is relevant?

Pynchon, like anyone everyone else in this thread has said. Maybe Kafka too? Or pretty much any philosophy dealing with skepticism or modern critical theory if you want to go that route.

I usually just listen to Death Grips to stay noided tho tbqh...
>>
>>8032068
mc ride sees a moth gone sexual prank biography book now on amazon for only $15
>>
>>8031900
It is okay to smoke weed and watch movies, kek, eat snacks, jerk off, etc. but please don't take it seriously as some mindaltering creative substance. Really is emburrsing
>>
>>8032177
fuck
>>
>>8032068
Actually, it actually doesn't matter so much either way, and you yourself are just posing to make up for your lack of effort. You kill yourself you fucking idiot.
>>
>>8031900
Deleuze wrote something on drugs in thousand plateaus that was interesting. Walter Benjamin too.
>>
>>8032068
Weed is for chilling out. If I do coke I'm balls to the walls crazy for a day. Smoke a spliff and I just hang out watching cartoons or some shit. It's coo man.
>>
>>8031900
Fuck Joe Rogan is such a fucking dumbass oh my god.
>>
>Joe rogan
Lel
>>
As someone who doesn't even smoke pot but is constantly paranoid, I can tell you that it's not a good thing. Many opportunities lost, many inconveniences had, and near constant anxiety about anything make me miserable.
>>
>>8032511
He probably doesn't mean literally paranoia, more the vague anxiety one sometimes feels when getting high.
>>
>>8032511
This.
>>
please pleaseplease recomend me some books of yhis guy. He's so right about paranoia when you're high !! I loved it!
>>
in my experience the paranoia can be turned into a powerful meditation practice if one is able to look at those feelings without identifying with them. got my craziest weed experiences exactly like this.
>>
Fear and Loathing, but I've only seen the movie so I can't speak directly about the book.
>>
>>8032876
It's the only movie I've ever seen that's basically a literal scene-by-scene recreation of the book. You probably "get it" about as much as anyone.
>>
>>8032906
I figured so. The concepts in the film are very clear on a literary, if sometimes a somewhat humorous, level.
>>
Stoners are the biggest pseuds the world knows. Weed does not "open your mind," it makes you a boring, unmotivated sack of shit. Anyone looking for new perspectives should harden the fuck up and find it thenselves or, if all else fails, try psychedelics. Shrooms and acid are the only drugs worth doing that won't also easily fuck your life up.
>>
>>8032313
I'm sure you're glad they make sitting pillows that fit computer chairs... Because you sound incredibly butthurt
>>
why does he assume the mind in its natural state gives a false perception and the mind affected by drugs has unlocked the true perception?
>>
>>8031950
Wew lad
>>
>>8032994
I was already a boring, unmotivated sack of shit before weed, and remain so after psychedelics, so you're wrong
>>
>>8033013
>> You’re not always looking at it as clearly as you could
>>
>>8032994

Eh I think after a certain point weed becomes like cigarettes. I'm successful and graduated well and read a lot and whatnot, I smoke a lot of pot but it only gives me a mild feeling of contentment. Its absence is more notable than its presence because that's what happens when you use any drug every single day for over a decade.
>>
>>8033034
That doesn't prove me wrong, that just proves you're a boring, unmotivated sack of shit.

I never said psychedelics would solve all your problems. If you truly want to see things in a different light like stoners so often claim, they are a helpful tool. If you don't, you can giggle about how things look wavy and gain nothing from the experience.
>>
>>8032994
Why are you so angry
>>
File: 1419076746087.png (16 KB, 418x430) Image search: [Google]
1419076746087.png
16 KB, 418x430
>>8033056
Because all of my friends are falling into different kinds of addictions, and the ones who chose weed justify it by claiming it's some kind of psychological journey when all they do is get high, eat uncooked ramen cakes, and watch tv
And now I'm lonely and bitter and trying and failing to help
>>
>>8031900

Psychoanalysis.
>>
>>8032994
>>8033059
I feel you, lad.
I'm in the same exact boat.

Pseuds and hippies hide their inability to cope with negative emotions behind a veil of "spirituality" or whatever justification they've come up with in lieu of escapism. I knew some really cool people and now they're all emotionally growth stunted and intellectually inept. I'm almost embarrassed at their inability to just shrug off petty shit and not look way way too far into things.

You would think that hippies are Zen as shit and could handle emotional turbulence but most of them are just scared children
>>
>>8032994
This. Weed is for fucking nerds and losers. It was probably cool in the 70s, but now you're just a boring faggot.
Literally no one interesting or intelligent is perma-fried.
>>
>>8033013
>because he likes drugs
>>
File: 1458870745676.jpg (340 KB, 1376x800) Image search: [Google]
1458870745676.jpg
340 KB, 1376x800
>>8032068
Are you me? You are my fucking twin, holy shit. Even the way you type reminds you of myself.
>>
>>8032994

This. So much this.
>>
>>8032068
>at least do a man's drug like coke

Cocaine is for rich obnoxious actresses, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>8033040

My father has smoked for 45 years. He's reached the point where he can only sleep 2-4 hours a night, and is constantly exhausted.

Weed isn't harmless. It utterly destroys REM sleep, and if you do that every night for years on end, you will permanently fuck up your sleep architecture.

And that's the danger with weed. Short term side effects are minimal. Some people, idiotically, believe that that means they can use powerful psychoactive drugs every fucking day without ill effect.
>>
>Joe Rogan
Why not just read the OG dude weed lmao guy?
>>
File: crockett.jpg (32 KB, 500x665) Image search: [Google]
crockett.jpg
32 KB, 500x665
>>8034256

haha nice.

you're the man.

>>8034293

>Cocaine is for rich obnoxious actresses, don't kid yourself.

coke has always been around at parties since i was in college and still to this day (3 yrs. post-college), and i definitely do not hang out with rich obnoxious actresses. either way, i was just saying that to be a shithead.
>>
Stoners are the worst kind of people. You obviously desire to better yourself and seek enlightenment. But you let your worldview be warped by a mind-altering substance, and the culture of losers who obsess over it, instead of doing any kind of hard work to find truth on your own.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.