[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catch 22
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
is catch 22 a meme? where does /lit/ stand on this?
>>
Yes.
>>
It's pretty popular on reddit so I'd say yes.
>>
Not a meme. It's actually good.
>>
>>8030870

alright without having seen the movie I'm gonna guess that that is...

>too ugly to be Yossarian
>bombardier (i think)
>that leaves havermayer, appleby, Dunbar
>first two characters are too minor

50/50 split between Dunbar and Yossarian.
>>
>>8030870

it meme
>>
>>8031159
>>8031162
>>8031480
shut the fuck up you blundering stone-wall retarded meme monkey dip shit cunts

I'd sooner lodge something in your forehead than I would take anything you say seriously

pathetic millenial runts
>>
>>8031493
well said
>>
>>8031478
nope, that's yoss
>>
>rejecting a good book only because it's on some reddit list
>>
>>8030870
I heard his other book is superior. Check that out and report back. Make something of yourself for once god damnit
>>
>>8032123
Tbh it is as good a reason as any to not read a certain book or author. You can't read 'em all.
>>
>>8030870
I see everything twice!@
>>
>>8032156
Says you
>>
>>8032161
I see everything twice!@
>>
I know it's on the /lit/ starter kit, but I read it and didn't think much of it. The writing is basic and boring. The pacing is meant to be poor and jumpy as a joke, but it's more of a chore than it's worth. The gags are either: the chain of command is silly, repeating a detail, or, once in a blue moon, an actual mediocre joke.
>>
>>8032739
How old are you? It helps to have some years dealing with organizational stupidity.
>>
You know, I thought of mentioning that it was a book for office workers, but that sounds a bit too mean. I've worked in an office before and can appreciate the added appeal to disposable employees and military men, but I still don't see that as enough to bring the book up to a decent standard.

I will add that some of the characters grew on me.
>>
>>8030870
It's great. That doesn't mean it can't also be a meme, but fwiw I don't think it's much of a meme.
>>
Wonderful novel. It's Pynchon before Pynchon.
>>
In 11th grade I had to write a "sequel chapter" for this book, and my teacher thought I mimicked Heller's style so well that I should go into television writing, my current field.

So, thanks, Catch-22
>>
>>8032864
How was that leap made? Did you write a script?
>>
>>8032156
I'm as much of an obnoxious elitist cunt as anyone on here, but jesus christ anon, you're just retarded.
>>
>>8032975
TV writing is typically taking an idea and stretching it out without losing focus of what made the idea good, and that's what he did for the assignment. Hope you're doing well for yourself, writer anon.
>>
>>8032975
Correct, several years later. My original pilot ended up getting me representation with an agent and is now about to be bought by one of several cable networks.
>>
>>8033042
bs
you can't leap from complete outsider to getting a pilot straight away lmao
maybe if you'd said spec script instead
>>
>>8033068
Spec scripts don't carry the same weight as they once did, although I did have a Mad Men spec in my portfolio. As the amount of shows produced every year is rapidly growing, agents and networks themselves are more interested in the ability to create and develop original ideas.

What I didn't say in my post was that film school connections were a healthy 70% of why I was ever noticed.
>>
>>8033095

can I read your mad men spec script? genuinely curious
>>
>>8032156
you lead a sad little existence
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.