[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MFA Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Would you do one? Have you done an MFA, what do think?
>>
>>8029680
People have told me to only do one if its fully or almost fully funded. But if you've just got money to blow (James Franco), then go ahead. If it's something you love, and assuming it won't wreck your life financially, go for it OP.
>>
>>8029697
Yeah, financing school seems to be the biggest burden out of everything, sadly.
>>
I hear they're useless.
>>
Honestly, I can hardly think it isn't completely useless. I can't understand people are getting a debt so they can do in school what they could do themselves. I mean, what would you do? Creative writing? Photography? Do you need to pay 15,000$ to practice your passion? Also, creative writing is notorious around here for dismantling any talent you could have and instead replace it with the same, YA-level prose. Seriously, don't. Pay yourself a month abroad instead, it's a far better investment.
>>
>>8029680
What's MFA? Some seppo thing?
>>
Spend the money on a trip to India and toilet paper for the hotel room.
>>
>>8032448
Yes, it is a certification that licenses natural-born Americans to bomb the middle east.
>>
>>8032478
Sounds bretty good.
>>
>>8032394
If you do art that requires expensive materials, free use of the facilities (like the kilns and metalworking shit) is pretty much worth the money on its own.
>>
>>8032644
Yeah, but this is /lit/ so I assume OP is asking about an MFA in creative writing
>>
People say it isn't worth the money, but if you have the money to spare/get full funding, gives you time to dedicate to your writing that you might not have otherwise.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.