[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i heard this is the best warcraft novel, anyone read it? does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (334 KB, 510x770) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
334 KB, 510x770
i heard this is the best warcraft novel, anyone read it? does it follow WC3 story good?
>>
Go back to the genre fiction containment thread and don't kill other threads with this shit.
>>
this is like the least lit lit i've ever seen
>>
Hiya! This is an automated post. We've noticed that you posted from an IP that frequently visits /v/, /mu/ and /r9k/. We would like to request kindly but aggressively that you go the back there.

Thank you!
>>
I'm writer
>>
Go to /v/ man. Unless it's Infinite Jest I don't care
>>
>>8029063
The best Warcraft novel is Lord of the Clans and I only read it because it was based off the cancelled adventure game which eventually became the basis for Warcraft 3.
>>
The Last Guardian is the best Warcraft novel, and sadly the only one that Jeff Grubb ever wrong.
>>
>>8029063

The beginning is pretty neato, but once it reaches the WC3 timeline, it's a straight up transcript of Arthas's campaign up through Frozen Throne, and it feels incredibly out of place and lazily-written. A few cool extra moments are thrown in throughout, but they're a little jarring to read with the oddly rushed pacing of the last 2/3 of the book. The ending was pretty cool, though.

I agree with some of the other anons here. Lord of the Clans and The Last Guardian are pretty solid. Day of the Dragon is okay, too. If you want to follow that book up, then I suggest checking out War of the Ancients trilogy. I also remember liking Rise of the Horde.
>>
I read tides of darkness. Never again will I read such drivel again. The writer just can't write
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.