[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any love for the Hyperion series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Hyperion.jpg (551 KB, 1500x1137) Image search: [Google]
Hyperion.jpg
551 KB, 1500x1137
Any love for the Hyperion series?
>>
Potentially. Been eying to buy this series the next time I go on my book purchases. My backlog has about 5 books in it so I won't need to buy anymore in a couple months. Have you read all the books OP? What do you feel it's more like in the genre fiction department?
>>
post ur tits hoe
>>
>>8028699
It was very average, even boring at times.
>>
>>8028932
I have read the cantos but im not op.
It was later when i listened to the book on tape how vividly his imagery comes alive.

I was intregeud by it when someone called it literary science fiction.
However i think it really only literary in the sense that hyperion parallels the canterburry tales and a clone of keats plays a central role in the books.

I only read the cantos once through though. Im sure i might pickup more observations with more read throughs.
>>
>>8029042
I might pick up the first book in the series then. Thanks for your input anon.
>>
very good series ignore snobs they're all pseuds anyway
>>
>>8029015
I agree. I just stopped reading it with like 50 pages left. I did not give a fuck what happened at the end. only good story was the one with the android
>>
>>8029110
I only found the one with the bikira to be interesting. It's also a good thing you didn't finish it because the ending is very unsatisfying, I guess It's that way so it would make you read the other books but there's no way in hell I'll be wasting my time on that.
>>
The first book is above average scifi. probably like a 6.5/10.

The ending made me feel like a moron for reading it. The ending is good, but there's a silly thing that makes it stupid.

I tried to read the second book and couldn't get through it. It was only a year ago and I can't remember anything from it or why I stopped reading it. So I'd say it's entirely forgettable.
>>
>>8029170
>>8029110
>>8029015
found the retards

you guys probably think infinite jest is a masterpiece too
>>
File: 1460268490976.jpg (9 KB, 360x267) Image search: [Google]
1460268490976.jpg
9 KB, 360x267
>>8029184
wew lad
if you think this scifi garbage has any discernible value pls leave and go back to plebbit
>>
>>8029095
Seconded. All four books are great, although Endymion is the weakest of the bunch. The end of Rise of Endymion though...one of the few books to actually make me cry.
>>
The first couple of books are pretty good, intriguing and thought provoking, even groundbreaking for their time. The latter half is kinda more generic sci. fi. with spaceships and 'splosions and all that.
>>
>>8029200
found the dfw/yecarthy/-insertmemeauthor-
>>
>>8029170
>The ending is good, but there's a silly thing that makes it stupid.
Which is?
>>
>>8029314

the song. It was too silly
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.