[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/, I haven't read a single Stephen King book since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (294 KB, 525x730) Image search: [Google]
file.png
294 KB, 525x730
Hello /lit/, I haven't read a single Stephen King book since I'm just getting into literature.

What S.K. books would you recommend to me?
>>
>>8027993
Skip this shitty author and read the sticky. Start with the Greeks (and The Bible).
>>
>>8027993

I've only read Pet Sematary but that was pretty good
>>
>>8027993
>What S.K. books would you recommend to me?
None
>>
>>8028036
Sides in orbit
>>
>>8027993
The Shining, Salem's Lot, Pet Semetary for the novels. Night Shift is a good short story collection.
>>
>>8027993

Stephen king is a bad author. His book are pretentious and shitty.

You will read a 800 pages book that could be a 200 pages.

Only the fanboys of Stephen king think he worth reading.
>>
The Stand, only book of his I could get through without getting bored and annoyed with his word diarrhea.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nifwzmVa1u1rqw7i5.gif (1018 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nifwzmVa1u1rqw7i5.gif
1018 KB, 245x230
He has a couple gems and a lot of total garbage.

The Stand, 11/22/63 and The Long Walk are the only books of his I really enjoyed.

Under The Dome is okay but the last 1/4 is shithouse and overall it's pretty preachy.

imo The Shining isn't as good as the movie.

The Dark Tower is reddit-tier garbage, avoid like the plague.
>>
Lisey's Story and Insomnia.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.