[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /lit/ think about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Satellite.jpg (68 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
Satellite.jpg
68 KB, 636x358
multiple first person narrative style books.

is it enjoyable? and is the theory better than actual application and should be left in the hands of experience authors, or can it be done well even for first time authors?
>>
>>8027805
ah, maybe I phrased that weirdly. I mean to ask about first-person perspectives with multiple narrators.
>>
>>8027805
The best to find out is to try it out.

I found it fun to experiment with and difficult to reasonably keep track of. Give it a go, s e n p a i.
>>
just give it a shot and see if you think you did well, if other people think you did well
>>
>>8027805
>reading fiction
>>
The only time I saw this was in a short story. The writer's language has different first person past tense when used by a man and when used by a woman, so it was noticeable when the perspective changes. Without that, however, a writer would have to explicitly name each character when they start telling the story, and that sounds like a very inelegant solution.
>>
>>8029493
actually, I already have. I just wanted to know if /lit/ would be interested in something like it before doing any kind of self-promotion.
>>
>>8029499
I like to think I did well, but I'm not exactly unbiased as the writer, now am I?

>>8029502
what's wrong with fiction?

>>8029890
how long was that story?
>>
the waves, lol
>>
>>8030105
Yeah read that, OP. It's not as conventional as you're probably going for but I think everyone has a distinct voice.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.