[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Kafka called G.K. Chesterton gay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Reminder that Kafka called G.K. Chesterton gay.
>>
I guess you don't know what gay used to mean.
>>
>>8027539
anon, samuel coleridge wrote about gay marriage!

I dare not doubt him, that he means
To wed you on a day,
Your lord and master for to be,
And you his lady gay.

later in that ballad, about the same gay person:

With tear-drop glittering to a smile,
The gay maid on the garden-stile
Mimics the hunter's shout.
>>
>>8027550
Kafka was so prophetic that I choose to believe that he foresaw the sodomic implications of the word.
>>
to be fair chesterton liked wilde and whitman... those were gays

>And the Green Carnation withered, as in forest fires that pass,
>Roared in the wind of all the world ten million leaves of grass;
>>
>>8027576
He said "lustig" though which means funny.
>>
lmao
>>
>>8027596
lusting for dick maybe
>>
I learned of Chesterton from Deus Ex, a bit surprised when I learned that he's an actual person.
>>
>>8027598
"lust"ig, eh?...
>>
>>8027723
Wait, which Deus Ex? I don't remember Chesterton being referenced. Although the second one, Invisible War, referenced Aristotle and Montesquieu and ended with quotes from J.S.Mill, Foucault, Milton and de Tocqueville.
>>
>>8027937
The good Deus Ex, first one
>>
>>8027539
Good thing Max Brod edited Kafka's diaries...
>>
>>8027550
that's the fucking joke you autist
>>
Nietzsche thought science was gay. What a dumbass
>>
>>8027539
True
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.