[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loneliness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: sunglass-selfie.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sunglass-selfie.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
Hey, I'm a Ukrainian and as of late my solitude has gotten to the point where all I can think of is committing suicide. I wish I began learning English long before I was even in my teens, but in truth be it said I've been dabbling this shit only for 3 years now, I am 22, and as yet didn't succeed in the slightest. Still my expectations of being able to read Moby-Dick or Charls Dickens' works are pretty high. Unfortunately I don't have friends I could share my interests with. No one wants to talk to me once having found out how bad my English is in reality, when I talk rather than write, though I, on my part, too am not so interested in conversing with normies from /soc/ (Oh god, what has become of 4chan lately). All the people I could talk with are seemingly myself, myself and once again myself. Not because of my contemptuous attitude towards them, but rather due to their own reluctance. Perhaps I might find someone here? Anyone? I know I'm not a good companion and am rather a bore, but if someone agrees to be my literary friend I'd be so glad befriending you. Maybe we could even read together (it would be real pain in the ass for you, though, I know). That said, I'd love to read about your own experiences of reading literature in a foreign language, and if you have some really useful tips on the topic, please write about them below. My skype is guy.poor . Sorry for bad grammar, I haven't got around to it yet.
>>
>>8026744
If you haven't noticed, literally all of /lit/ is slavs, including me. IRL Ukraine(Kiev at least) is full of ex-intelligenzia, who would gladly talk to you about Joyce and Wallace and other memes. Of course, they are degenerates, so it would probably make you even more miserable.

Also English is extremely simple. Just stop sucking dick and making excuses and learn it.
>>
There is a tiny chat for /lit/, it is called 4chanlit (just search the room on ths website). We'd ocasionally talk, read stuff and share poems, music and books. Sadly most of the users are busy lately and we are seldom grouped. But if you sit on the room someone will eventually appear and it can get 7 guys or so. Btw n the weekends you have more people.
>>
>>8026813
>Also English is extremely simple
It fact it is, to my understanding, the most primitive language I have ever tried to learn. Very dry and ineloquent.
>>
>>8026836
Also perfect at describing movement! Russian is static and that annoys me greatly.
>>
>>8026843
Russian is the best language, you reek.
>>
>>8026843
explain yourself
>>
>>8026836
Maybe it's because English is my second language but I agree. I've brought this up to some of my friends but it is hard to explain because the majority of them only speak English.
>>
>>8026853
>>8026923
Russian is beautiful, but it is a precise instrument, and has its weak points. Inherintly, it best describes states, not movement - the best description of movement in Russian work like a photograph, capturing movement in stasis.

I prefer Russian to English, I find it beautiful, but it's not a language for slogans and loud attention-capturing lines either.
>>
/int/ is a better place for language learning

you don't need to know english very well to read any books, just read them, if you completely don't understand what's going on you can check a few words with a dictionary
>>
What are the chances of getting bitches to offer their anals for further licking knowing English as a second language? Is it worth trying to learn if my main goal consists in losing my virginity?
>>
>2016
>learning the English language
kek'd
>>
>>8026835

was going to post this

try to log on every day, especially when euros and americans will be around

if you can't find us after a month give up; the timezones might be incompatible
>>
>>8027026
A lot of people speak English so the answer isyes.
>>
Am I gonna degrade having once fully mastered English, for, you see, the language is so primitive.
>>
mother fucka bitch
>>
>>8026813
>IRL Ukraine(Kiev at least)
Are you yourself from there, or did I misunderstand you?

Also, OP, you massive faggot, I added you on skype but I think I got the wrong person, says you're from the Netherlands.
>>
>>8026744
scientifically and statistically, the though of killing yourself most of the time does not come from solitude but social suppression. If you're interested in this subject, you can find out more by reading statistical social science publication.
>>
>>8027744
No, that's me
>>
>>8028609
Why does it say you're in the netherlands
>>
>>8028643
because I did so
>>
>>8027026
Topkek
>>
>>8026744
>Sorry for bad grammar, I haven't got around to it yet
I chuckled
>>
>>8029151
didn't get the gag
>>
anal
>>
Is there any point of eating an English pussy?
>>
no anal to lick?
>>
Apology for bad english
>>
OP, try interpals. Loads of people on there want to chat and you can filter good lit taste through authors etc. If all fails, you could always join Azov and die for the glory of the nation and George Soros
>>
>>8029395
I'd best rape some bitch and force her to offer me her anal
>>
>>8030490
would you add me on steam if I have an anime girl picture?
>>
>>8026853
пoшeл нa хyй мeм

russia is beautiful https://youtu.be/iuvf3e6jtZo
>>
File: keep-calm-and-remove-kebab.png (44 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-remove-kebab.png
44 KB, 600x700
do not terminate yourself.
we need people to fight the muslims.

reading is a solitary endeavor.
deeper reading will alleviate the feeling of loneliness.
godspeed and remove kebab.
>>
>>8026744
Your English is fucking great for someone who has been learning for only three years, and started at 19 (well past any possible benefits from starting at an early age).

The speaking skill is particularly hard to develop if you're naturally shy, or shy about your bad English in particular, but you shouldn't give up. Just accept that you'll make a ton of mistakes, and find some native speakers who won't mind.

Also, am I understanding correctly that you're an immigrant in an anglophone country?
Isn't there maybe a local community of Ukrainian immigrants that you could also socialize with? Don't trust them too much just because they're also Slavs, but I guess it's still a good resource to have.
>>
>>8034143
>Don't trust them too much just because they're also Slavs
Just to clarify, what I mean is: don't automatically trust them too much if your only reason to so is because they are Slavs and you're also a Slav. People usually make the mistake to automatically completely trust their countrymen when they're both in a foreign country, but that's irrational thinking, and therefore dangerous.
>>
>>8034087
What happened to your containment board?
>>
>>8026744

Have you tried speaking to yourself? It greatly improves your communication skills because if you say something dumb you will know it.

How do you know it's dumb? Listen to different accents by downloading audible books and improve your pronunciation. With time by imitating your favorite english accent you will speak fluently.

I was born in Kiev Ukraine myself and left the country in 2001 when I was 10. I practice on my english just by talking to myself out loud and often record my conversations to listen to it later on. I find the New Zealand "kiwi" accent to be the sexiest and this is what I practice lately.
>>
>>8026813
>If you haven't noticed, literally all of /lit/ is slavs
wut
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.