[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lit/ is a slow board, think before you decide to kill a thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: qtddtot2.jpg (70 KB, 880x463) Image search: [Google]
qtddtot2.jpg
70 KB, 880x463
/lit/ is a slow board, think before you decide to kill a thread by making a new one.

Need a book rec and too stupid to check the wiki? Ask here.

Have a banal question and can't use google? Ask here.

Have a question that you think won't generate much discussion? Ask here.
>>
>>8026628
lol i fail by not putting /qtddtot/ in the subject field.
>>
this is one step away from generals
>>
Are the LOTR movies faithful representations of the books?

Going on a road trip to New York; are there any literary things I should do there?
>>
>>8026780
you should go to the new york library downtown and see pooh bear. you can also google "literary tour new york" and pick and choose your favorites.
>>
>>8026780
no tom bombadill is one of the few things i remember, there are other omissions and changes but it is faithful overall.

avoid the hobbit movies. terrible.
>>
File: 1380723238235.jpg (419 KB, 777x767) Image search: [Google]
1380723238235.jpg
419 KB, 777x767
>>8026780
>Are the LOTR movies faithful representations of the books?
No. Most people who like the books seem to enjoy them though.
As the other anon said, avoid The Hobbit at all costs. The more you like the book, the more butchered the movies will feel.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.